PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Effects

spartan2
11-22-2004, 03:59 AM
Hi, I recently saw Casshern which is a Japanese Movie about a robot hunter, its ok just has a confusing story. But the graphics in it are very impressive but at some points very dissapointing. I have been wanting to recreate the following scene from the film but cant get the sky anywhere near right. anyone got any helpful suggestions:

http://212.67.202.201/~trib1/pic1.jpg

Edbittner
11-22-2004, 04:13 AM
I thought that was "Gone With The Wind" at first.
E.

shaol
11-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Are you using skytracer?

spartan2
11-22-2004, 10:11 AM
ive been trying to use skytracer, but i cant get the colour in the clouds. I tried to add a gradient but it went horribly wrong :(

Chrisstian01
11-23-2004, 11:07 AM
If you post your work, perhaps someone can tell you what you are doing wrong. I have seen far more complex skies and have done some myself....let's see what you got. :)

Johnnyx
11-24-2004, 02:32 AM
..I played around with the Ozone2 demo from http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Products/Ozone2.0/index.php .... its pretty cool....

spartan2
11-24-2004, 04:07 AM
That software looks like it would do the trick, ill have a play with it later, thanks.

Does anyone have a tutorial to create light flashes to simulate a storm effect? Ive managed to create the rain and will be adding the actual lightning tonight but from messing around I cant figure out how to get the screen to flash when the lighning hits.

badllarma
12-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Does anyone have a tutorial to create light flashes to simulate a storm effect? Ive managed to create the rain and will be adding the actual lightning tonight but from messing around I cant figure out how to get the screen to flash when the lighning hits.
directly for lightning example (just change the colour
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/electric_CD.mov

BUT to get the screen to flash I would just add the effect in post by pushing brightness levels very high then back to normal within a couple of frames

hope this helps
:D
BTW
you could always use a photoshop still for the back ground sky to get the look you after