PDA

View Full Version : Furball anim and MeshPaint question

Carm3D
11-22-2004, 02:50 AM
Howdy...

MPEG-4 Video (http://www.cgchicks.com/Media/HairTest.MP4)

I did this with Long-Haired Sasquatch and ClothFX. I was very impressed with how it turned out. The sas hair guides were "grown" from the points of a tesselated sphere. I think part of the reason it looks and animates so good is because the hair guides are evenly spaced apart. It also means the calculation and rendering are as efficient as can be.

I have the HairSpray plugin but it's hard to get them evenly spaced apart. Has anyone used Evasion3D's MeshPaint program to make Sasquatch guide chains? It seems like it would be just the ticket, but I'd like to hear from someone who has it.

Thanks.

ColinCohen
11-22-2004, 06:50 AM
If you can find an old copy of Shave (someone recently was selling one for $100 on the Shave Yahoo group), you can create polygonal hair and then convert it to Sas polychains.

There's a tutorial about it somewhere on the Net.

nemac4
11-22-2004, 10:24 AM
I've been wondering about the same thing. I tried the demo of hairspray,.. and was thinking that there must be a better way. I hope to get meshpaint soon,... but I running behind on learning new software and plugs already.

Carm3D
11-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah Hairspray is tedious.. It's quicker than directly modeling, but it's still very tedious.