PDA

View Full Version : Scene and Object not linking

jupussi
11-21-2004, 07:39 AM
I have a complex scene and one big object in it. In some point the link between the two got mangled somehow.

Now if I change the Object in modeller, it won't update it in Layout. But if I shutdown Layout and start it again, the changed model is loaded ok. But again if I edit it in modeller, the same thing again, no update.

It worked fine earlier and it has worked in previous projects too.

Is there something in the scene file that can be edited or some other trick that the object and scene starts working together again?

gjjackson
11-21-2004, 08:19 AM
I have a complex scene and one big object in it. In some point the link between the two got mangled somehow.

Now if I change the Object in modeller, it won't update it in Layout. But if I shutdown Layout and start it again, the changed model is loaded ok. But again if I edit it in modeller, the same thing again, no update.

It worked fine earlier and it has worked in previous projects too.

Is there something in the scene file that can be edited or some other trick that the object and scene starts working together again?

You could try shutting down the Hub. It may have lost it socket connection.

jupussi
11-21-2004, 08:25 AM
The problem has been bugging me for about week now. Rebooted the computer every day.

munky
11-21-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi There,

I'm no expert on this, but you could try saving your object in layout and then open up modeller ( just a thought) and I'd throw out your Hub prefs which might solve things.

regards

paul

jupussi
11-21-2004, 09:08 AM
I have tried saving it in Modeller and Layout.

Haven't previously deleted the hub config. Tried it now, and didn't help.

Marcia
11-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Have you tried deleting all objects and re-sending them to layout, then saving all objects? This always works for me; I didn't even know about the other fixes.