PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a job doing 3D

Keda
04-09-2003, 05:25 PM
3D is part of my job right now. But after 3yrs, I've gone as far here as I can and am looking for new work.

My problem is that I'm not sure what to look for. I'm in the DC area and don't see many ads for 3D. What should I be looking for? What types of companies should I contact? What is the position called (for a monster search)?

I have a BA and about 6yrs experience (video, web, 3D...multimedia).

Thanks in advance.

kevman3d
04-12-2003, 12:43 AM
If you are searching job sites, I'd just recommend using search words like '3D' 'animation' 'LightWave' 'modeler' etc.

If you can't find a job description with the word '3D' in it, its likely that means there aren't any 3D jobs on the web site! :)

Your best bet would be to keep an eye on job listings on Flay.com, CG Channel, CGFocus, 3D Festival and all the other forums and 3D news sites...

Keda
04-12-2003, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the reply. I knew of some of those sites, but not all.

I'm starting to think that DC is not a good area for 3D. Last night, I expended my search nationally and found quite a few.

Unfortunately, I have been spread fairly thin at my current job and don't think my 3D is where it needs to be. I am looking into a Master's program and also the Dave School. BTW, the Orlando are seems to have much more 3D (esp character animation) than DC.