PDA

View Full Version : Spaceball Assistance Needed

Karl Strong
11-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Can anyone help me with installing the drivers for a Spaceball 4000 in LW8. I tried to follow the explaination over at www.tmproductions.com/FrameSets/FS-Products.html but couldn't seem to figure out this step:

The next time you run Layout, you can launch Content Director plug-in from the Generics pop-up in the Plug-in Options Panel, or assign it to a key or button on the interface with Configure Keys and Configure Menus. Please refer to your Lightwave documentation for more information. The plug-in will be prefixed with TM_P under the Plugins heading of the Configure Keys and Configure Menus panels.

As a relative (but delighted) newcomer to LW8 I'd really appreciate any help or pointers anyone can spare.

Many thanks

Karl

Silkrooster
11-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Looks to me like it is a typo. They also carry a content directory plug in. If you go to that plug in's docs you will see it is the same. So they must be using a boiler plate and changing the wording to fit. They happen to forget about the last step.
As you can see on the attachment the new plug ins are usually listed here under UTILITIES>PLUGINS>ADDITIONAL Accordingto the directions you should find the plug in here to activate it. Thats assuming you need to. Does your spaceball work?
If you wish you can also assign it to another menu place, or to a keyboard shortcut. To do that use EDIT>EDIT MENU LAYOUT or EDIT>EDIT KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS On a PC it is ctrl-F9 and ctrl-F10 respectively.
Silk

Karl Strong
11-20-2004, 07:20 PM
Silk
thank you for your help. Firstly, the Spaceball doesn't work in LW8 (it does in the demo/practice software that they supply so I know it 'works'). There doesn't seem to be anything related to the Spaceball in the Additional folder.
Karl

Silkrooster
11-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Try manually adding the plugins. I don't know how they sent the plug in. If they were with a zip file or an exe setup file. What you could do is either open the zip file look forthe plug ins According to the instructions they should end with .p, copy these files to your lightwave directory. you should find a plugin folder there. Create a folder name it something light spaceball or use what they suggest. paste the plugin there. Open layout and select UTILITIES>EDIT PLUGINS>SCAN DIRECTORY then select the folder you created. The plug ins should now be listed where I told you in the previous post.
Also check in modeler for the plug ins the same instructions apply to see them.

If the file you downloaded was a setup file, you could point the setup to a temporary directory and then follow the instructions above.
Silk