PDA

View Full Version : Newtek's Gallery

svbell
11-19-2004, 10:45 AM
Hi folks!
Am I the only one, or there's room for improvement on NewTek's Gallery page? When I try to open it, no image load, none, I only have white squares. But after attemtping to load that page, no other web page I visit after, outside newtek.com, would show pictures.

Anyone else have that problem???

sv

Bliz
11-19-2004, 04:25 PM
No the gallery works for me.

What browser and OS combination are you using?

svbell
11-19-2004, 06:47 PM
I tried under two workstations, one with NT4 SP6, one with Win2k, and both with Explorer 6

sv

otacon
11-23-2004, 04:50 PM
That happeneds to me sometimes too. The picture thumbs never load, then when i go to another website after that the pictures on that page dont load either. I have to close ie and open it again for it to work.

svbell
11-23-2004, 06:24 PM
That's exactly what I am experiencing! Glad to know I am not the only one!
sv

gjjackson
11-23-2004, 06:28 PM
You may want to check for spyware, viruses etc.

otacon
11-23-2004, 06:46 PM
no spyware here, just got this computer put together. It happened on my old pc too....weirdness.

Chrysolithos
11-25-2004, 03:42 PM
I have the same problem, both at the work computer and at home. :(

JamesCurtis
11-26-2004, 12:22 PM
I've had this happen to me occasionally. It could be related to how your cookies, privacy, and permissions settings are set to in your browser. Also, it could be firewall related as well. Blockers can cause problems too. I have broadband and I can't get animations on my own personal website to load or save reliably all the time. I've talked to other clients of mine and they report things load fine though. So I'm about to talk to a tech support person at my ISP for looking into.

Just thought this might shead some light on your difficulties.

MGuerra
11-29-2004, 08:45 AM
That is pretty strange. I have heard of a problem displaying some images when using various packages with ad blockers. I've also heard of several issues of firewalls causing problems specifically when viewing our gallery, but I don't know exactly what causes them. You might also check to see if you're running the most up-to-date browser and update if necessary.

If you end up finding out what's causing this problem, please post it here and/or email me and I'll make sure it gets looked at.

All the best!

Allen Curtis
12-01-2004, 11:18 AM
My boss recently installed Explorer 6 on his computer. After the installation, he couldn't open jpeg attachments in his email. This was caused by a new default security setting in Outlook Express which didn't allow attachment downloads of any type. Adjusting the settings fixed the problem. In your case, I'm guessing there's something similar happening with Internet Explorer 6 preferences. If not there, then it's probably a firewall setting as already mentioned.