PDA

View Full Version : Installing LW 8 PC and Mac

koots
11-18-2004, 07:52 PM
I have LW installed on my PC. I am thinking about trying ti install LW8 on a mac to test it on. LW 8 comes with both install cd's right?

Silkrooster
11-18-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm not possitive, but I think both versions are on the same disc.
Silk

koots
11-18-2004, 09:03 PM
I am thinking about switching over, so i wanted to test LW on my boss's G5 for the weekend and see if macs truely are fast with LW then PC's. i am going to be building or buying a new comp, depending on what i think of thise new G5

meanlebh
11-20-2004, 11:07 AM
yes LW does come with both Win and Mac versions, you just have to get a new Mac license from newtek when you register it....although the G5's are very fast when running almost any application, don't expect it to outperform a PC when running LW, there are quite a few bugs that are still happening on the Mac side of things with LW, most notably the open gl implementation and a few broken tools in lw8 (bone twist and such). With any luck hopefully the next few updates from Newtek will adress some of these issues.

exit6
11-20-2004, 11:29 AM
The issues aren't really speed related, but there are definitely weird display problems on the Mac. I have both, and I think Lightwave is slightly better on the PC, but the Mac is more fun to work on generally.