PDA

View Full Version : 2 self-made plugins

3djack
11-18-2004, 12:04 PM
I have made 2 little plugins few months ago, I always use it during character modelling . The first one called UV sym, that will symmetrize UV based on the geometry. 2 examples:

http://home.netvigator.com/~gumfx/Old_Images/UVSym2s.JPG

2. When you modified the right half UV, it will automaticlly symmetrize another half as long as the object is symmetrical. The plugins also provides some tolerance options, the plugin will "guess" even if the object is not 100% symmetrical, of course, the result may be not 100% correct.

http://home.netvigator.com/~gumfx/Old_Images/UVSym1s.JPG

Another simple plugin is Quick Half cut which will cut any polygon on left, based on X axis.

I will upload it once I find some free space. Just my little contribution to this community. :D
cheers

3djack

Dodgy
11-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Nice, why don't you upload them as a zip attachment to here?

riki
11-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Hey sweet, many thanks. Also you can upload zipped attachments to the forum. I currently use Mirror Tools and Half Kill which I think sounds similar to Quickcut. BTW is it a Plugin or Lscript?

3djack
11-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Oh, I did not know that I can attach a zip file with the message. I will upload it once I get home.
cheers

3djack
11-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Hey sweet, many thanks. Also you can upload zipped attachments to the forum. I currently use Mirror Tools and Half Kill which I think sounds similar to Quickcut. BTW is it a Plugin or Lscript?

It is a plugin. :)

private
11-20-2004, 06:43 AM
3djack, if nothing is selected (meaning everything is selected) will it work? Or do you have to select everything manually?

3djack
11-20-2004, 10:49 AM
3djack, if nothing is selected (meaning everything is selected) will it work? Or do you have to select everything manually?

Both. If nothing is selected, it assumes that you want all point to be modified(compared).
Sometimes, some points might be overlapped, in this situation, you can select any point that you only want to modify. But you have to select the points on right(+X) as well, since the plugin need the info of the points for comparison.

3djack
11-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Here is the plugin UV Sym. :D Feedback welcome
In some situations, you have to unweld the point first, but this should be fixed once LW8.2 is released.

I will upload anther one (Quick HalfCut) later.

Exper
11-20-2004, 11:00 AM
A new useful plugin per day... lately... :cool:

3djack
11-20-2004, 11:35 AM
I don't know why I didn't make it earlier on ,instead of doing " select half, delete it, mirror tool, select half, flip UV..... every day.

Another tool Quick Half Cut is also attached. It will switch to polygon mode and only polygon will be cut. The plugin might not work if the object is bigger than 100Mm x 100Mm.