PDA

View Full Version : Free Upgrade to Full Lightwave with Toaster 3.0 Purchase

stoolpigeon
04-09-2003, 01:33 PM
Since this is the full version of lightwave, is it possible to use it on a different computer than the one the toaster is running on?

Our lightwave person has to use the edit system to do his lightwave work, and it slows us down to stop editing so he can render.

Since only 1 copy of lightwave is being used, will it run on a computer without the toaster card?

Thanks!
Chad

GeorgeLin
04-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Question for Newtek on this upgrade:

Does everyone that qualifys for the free upgrade to VT3 also get the full version of LW?

ie.
I ordered the Toaster last week.
It arrive today (April 9th).
I'm hoping I qualify for the free upgrade to full LW.

Thanks,
George

SBowie
04-10-2003, 09:55 AM
You should be fine...

wtdedula
04-10-2003, 11:21 AM
According to Safe Harbor, you may be out of luck. You may need the Toaster Card to run the FULL version of Lightwave since the following statement is also included under the Toaster2 to Toaster3 upgrade description - "Full version of LightWave 3D (software only; no dongle) is also included.". Actually, I'm with you and I too hope this is wrong. I would like a dongle to run LW on a computer that the Toaster isn't in.

See http://www.sharbor.com/products/NTKN0320001.html

Tim

videoguy
04-10-2003, 12:51 PM
i bet for a nominal fee newtek will let you buy a usb dongle

SBowie
04-10-2003, 01:30 PM
I want to clarify what I wrote above. I was responding to the post just above mine that asked "Does everyone that qualifys for the free upgrade to VT3 also get the full version of LW?"

The earlier question (whether the included LW can be run as a standlone) is a different matter. I expect the version of LW included with the VT[3] to be keyed to the board, not a standalone.

SBowie
04-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by videoguy
i bet for a nominal fee newtek will let you buy a usb dongle I doubt that, actually.

Videolink
04-11-2003, 08:14 AM
Yes Steve, you are correct the lightwave will be keyed to the T3 board and it will act as a dongle.