PDA

View Full Version : XBox game lenticular

etobiason
11-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Forza, a racing game for X-box, is slated to be released this holiday season (as far as I know). My company did some point-of-purchase visuals for the ad agency whose client was, in turn, Microsoft.

We did images to be used in lenticulars. The cover of their box features an illustration of a blue, modified Acura NSX. They wanted to show the street NSX morphing into the blue modded version, and then morphing into a yellow JGTC version.

We got .max files of the game cars, which of course were low-poly and unusable. I contacted the famous Lewis who created a basic NSX for me. I created the background. Joe (a retoucher/illustrator here) went over the render of the car to give it the same "illustrated" look as the blue car.

Here is the silver NSX with Rio background:

etobiason
11-17-2004, 01:11 PM
And here is the blue version that we used as a guide. The windshield and the headlights were kept as similar as possible (the illustrated headlights were retouched into the 3D base car) so that when the image morphs, they created a similar ground for the rest to change around.

caesar
11-18-2004, 07:39 AM
my poor english, but whats is a "lenticular"? Well, the images are very cool...

etobiason
11-18-2004, 10:45 AM
It's a picture that has bumpy plastic lines on top. The bumpy plastic lines act like little lenses. So, when you look at the picture from different angles you see different images. So the image can change depending on the angle you view it.

caesar
11-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Oh I have seen this stuff since I was very young, but never imagine the name! :D . Great work!

mav3rick
11-27-2004, 03:57 AM
forza comming out next year 1st qt. it should be answer to playstation gran turismo, one of most wanted games of 2005
great work guys

harlan
01-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Lenticular is also a termed used for a certain type of cloud. You know those clouds that look like Flying Saucers (UFO's - or even pancakes)?? Those are called Lenticular Cloud formations.

I think lenticular, by definition is something having the shape of a lens or related to a lens.

Nice cars by the way.

wacom
01-18-2005, 12:08 PM
1. Shaped like a biconvex lens.
2. Of or relating to a lens.

Nice images by the way...