PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Tweaks OSX Problems?

Julian Johnson
04-09-2003, 12:50 PM
I'm finding that under OSX 10.2.4 using IE 5.2 that the initial entry page to the forums listing all the discussion areas has some kind of coding problem. The page loads fine initially but when you go to rollover an item, a whole bunch of processing starts, the OSX wait state wheel starts whirring and the page itself doubles its width! It's as though any form of rollover triggers some kind of page reload and resize which makes it hard to hit the relevant link and move on.

Might be just me :-) but thought I'd mention it.

Julian

MGuerra
04-09-2003, 01:16 PM
The only changes made to the forums/site were to the main style sheet, which changed link colors and text decoration (underlining of links). There were no other changes to anything specific to the forum though. The main reason for doing this was to make links stand out more prominently, rather than blending in with regular text.

I will look into the matter and see what can be done to bring it back closer to it's former state, while still maintaining the desired results. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused in the process.

ingo
04-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Well i dont use IE so i cant comment on this, but the forum is fine with all my browsers, no rollover problems.

Julian Johnson
04-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the reply Mike. I haven't tried with any other browsers but I can duplicate the issue at will. Basically, if I roll over a main link the link loses its underline and changes colour and the whole web page resizes. It seems like there's some conflict between the inline stylesheet embedded in that page directly under the meta tags and the linked master stylesheet at http://www.newtek.com/includes/main.css. Maybe just an issue in IE for OSX. Again, I could be soo wrong!

But it did start to happen directly after the stylesheet change yesterday...

Julian

snickelfritz
04-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Safari seems to work fine, but IE5 does indeed have some rendering issues in the navbar.
(OSX.2.4)

Beamtracer
04-09-2003, 07:39 PM
I'm using the OmniWeb broswser with OS X. It displays the forum just fine.

quatermain
04-09-2003, 10:47 PM
i can confirm that on IE5.2 on the mac, problems appear as was first posted

dmg3d
04-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Both Mozilla and Safari work fine here. IE ALWAYS caused problems for me in both OS9 and OSX.

-Dave

MGuerra
04-10-2003, 09:49 AM
Alright! The dotted underlines have been removed, but the color stays!!! At least for now... hehe

:D

Julian Johnson
04-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Mike - whatever you just changed fixed the problem with IE5.2 under OSX. Thanks. :)

Julian

MGuerra
04-10-2003, 11:43 AM
You're welcome! It's nothing really... No really, please, no more glory. Gifts? well, ok, but lets limit it to small cash gifts...