PDA

View Full Version : Render out single object as an animation

rosferatu
11-17-2004, 02:27 AM
HI all,
I want to try and render out an object in a scene so i can track it in after effects but I can only seem to render out a single frame. How can I render a series or mov? I have made sure the keyframe set is set correctly in the render options etc.
Can LW not do this or have I overlooked something really basic?
thanks for any help here!!!!
-Ross

Weetos
11-17-2004, 03:53 AM
Just ensure you press F10 (Render Scene) instead of F9 (Render current Frame), this will render all the frames as specified in the render options panel. Don't forget to check "Save Anim" or "Save RGB" depending on what you want and select what kind of file format you need.

If this doesn't work... well I'm stuck :confused:

Hope that helps

Regards

Weetos

mattclary
11-17-2004, 04:07 AM
Hmmmm... sounds like someone needs to read the manual... If it was included with the download.

rosferatu
11-17-2004, 04:44 AM
Hi There,

I think I mis-communicated my problem.

I only want to render out one object in the scene, I know I can switch off viewing objects in the scene editor. I know I can render out a frame by pressing F11. but for some reason I am stuck when it comes to rendering a single object ONLY as an animation. My apologies if this was confusing.

Matt, Firstly, I must say that I have a huge amount of respect for your opinions and posts and your advice to others that really helped me in the past (for example re: graphics cards etc).

I also understand your frustration with newbies posting questions without taking time to try and get an answer themselves or with reference material. But...

I have the manual, a number of books, Dan's cd tutorial set I have gone through (so I do invest time in actually trying to learn the product)....
I have tried the above. suggestions and am stuck that is why i posted. my apologies if this seems like a dumb question and I know when i solve it i will kick myself.

I did not download Lightwave and bought the applicatoin myself and living in South Africa with a terrible exchange rate, believe me, is a huge risk. but I can't help it, I love the programme.

Thanks for the advice and again my apologies for not making myself clear the first time.

-Ross

rosferatu
11-17-2004, 04:55 AM
Hi all,
again thanks for taking the time to look at my rather sad little questions. After spending a bit of time experimenting in the Scene Editor I seem to have solved the problem.
Thanks for bearing with me,
-Ross

mattclary
11-17-2004, 05:27 AM
Sorry man, just couldn't help myself. ;)

Weetos
11-17-2004, 06:52 AM
Sorry I didn't get your problem right :rolleyes:

For those who want to know how to do it (I hate when the solution to a problem doesn't appear in a thread ;) ) , the key is to open the scene editor and then uncheck the visibility of the objects that don't have to be rendered. then render the sequence with F10.