PDA

View Full Version : How do i?

noyce
11-17-2004, 12:50 AM
Who can help me? I'm looking for an easy way to add a radius to an edge. I realise that when i primarily create an object i can create with a radius, but i am going to need to add them at a later stage.

Help appreciated?

sheidi
11-17-2004, 06:23 AM
Well, if you are using lw8, it ships with Rounder plugin, which will work most of the cases. There is also plugin called edge bevel (dont remember the exact name, search flay), which will give a slight bevel to a edge. Also there is jettofillet, which is little different way to work, but you can also round edges with this. And also I hear wonderfull things about vertibevel. Vertibevel is commercial plugin, altho I think quite cheap. Rounder is not for sale anymore afaik, its shipping with lw8. Jettofillet and edge bevel should be free, if my memory servers me correctly. Hopefully these will help you a bit..

Oh, and I think better topic next time might be nice idea, something which tells immediately whats your problem..

Silkrooster
11-18-2004, 01:39 AM
Edge bevel is also part of LW8. If you play around with some of the other tools, you will find you can get a nice bevels as well. For example smooth shift and combination of size and move tools. Bevel tool or super shift can give nice results as well. But radiuses, for some reason I don't think rounder really lived up to its name. For example it can not do corners at the same time as the sides.
Depending on what your doing you maybe able to create an inverse radius with a spline and extrude that, then boolean subtract that from your object. You could also use the disc tool as boolean subtract that from your object as well.
Silk