PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer 101

WilliamVaughan
11-16-2004, 10:44 PM
Here are two intro to Motion Mixer videos.

Creating an Actor for Motion Mixer
This demo will walk you thru the steps of creating an actor to be used with Motion Mixer as well as creating a motion clip.

Create Actor and Motion Clip (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/mmp1.mov)

Working with Clips on the Motion Mixer Timeline
This demo will show you how to place multiple clips on teh Motion Mixer Timeline as well as adding transitions between clips.

Working with Motions (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/mmp2.mov)

mgreenway
11-17-2004, 01:23 AM
I Love The Videos. :D
Thank you for the help.
Mike

walfridson
11-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Great stuff :)

mobilesurge
11-17-2004, 02:34 AM
When is Newtek going to release the official 'Proton Training Pack'? I'd buy in a hearbeat. He's the yoda of lightwave, without the backwards fortune cookie speak.

Keep 'em coming!

Weetos
11-17-2004, 03:46 AM
Thanks Proton for these great videos !

@mobilesurge: yes he doesn't do the backwards fortune cookie speak, but he always types 'teh' instead of 'the' :p Each Jedi Master has his own particuliar thing ;)

caesar
11-17-2004, 06:41 AM
He's the yoda of lightwave, without the backwards fortune cookie speak...

LOL! But in his posts hes always types "teh" instead of "the"....

WilliamVaughan
11-17-2004, 09:01 AM
you guys haven't heard that that's teh "IN" thing! Man your showing your age :)

Thanx guys! more videos to come!

Weetos
11-17-2004, 11:53 AM
@caesar: Hey that's funny, we've almost written the same thing :D

@Proton: Can't wait for the next videos, you totally rock (I even began to love Motion Mixer, can you believe that??? :D )

hmm just thinking about the videos... each one is focused on one tool, which is great, but I noticed something : when I watch one of these video, say the one about MM, then I usually like to experiment so I can see how what I've learnt can be used in a different context, for instance, in a project where I used workarounds instead of teh :D "right way", But sometimes I get stuck because I have a hard time making the right choice. What I mean is that I'd love to see tutorials project oriented , you know like "a guy walks, picks up an object and give it to another guy" which might implies expressions, dynamic parenting, and the tools involved . I think it would interesting to see how the tools can be combinated to get this done. I think this would help a lot to understand how they can accomplish miracles with the tools they have

I know that kind of tutorials already exists, but I thought NT should show that LW isn't a gathering of plugins that don't work together

my two cents :rolleyes:

caesar
11-18-2004, 06:16 AM
@caesar: Hey that's funny, we've almost written the same thing :D

I didnt noticed your commentary! :D

dzogchen
11-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Finally I have a better understanding of Motion Mixer. Thanks. IK booster next PLEASE!