PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Authors of HDRI 3D

WilliamVaughan
11-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Congrats to the Authors of HDRI 3D

http://www.hdri3d.com/

I just got my copy and it looks great....Big thanks to Deuce for the explosion tutorial! That will come in handy on teh students project!

mattclary
11-16-2004, 05:22 PM
I'll wait until it's been in circulation a year and see if everyone gets all their issues. ;)

Nemoid
11-17-2004, 06:55 AM
great magazine, but i'd say 129 $ for 12 issues ... a bit pricey for me.

mattclary
11-17-2004, 09:55 AM
129 $ for 12 issues

Holy crap!!! :eek:

EmperorPete
11-19-2004, 08:23 AM
Looks like a very good magazine, but that is a tad pricey for me, unfortunately. Maybe if things improve. Either way, good luck to them :)

hunter
11-19-2004, 09:59 AM
I won a free 1 year subscription and haven't seen my copy yet. I'll wait and see.
I'm sure Proton gets his hot off the press. ;)

alice hdri 3d
02-01-2005, 09:34 AM
great magazine, but i'd say 129 $ for 12 issues ... a bit pricey for me.
Actually, it's $49 a year in the US. (Keyframe was $54 a year.)
It's $68 a year for other countries, which includes postage. (Keyframe was $84 a year.)

Hunter, hope you received it. If you didn't, let me know at [email protected] and I'll take care of it.

Lottmedia
02-01-2005, 12:50 PM
flipped through a copy at the local B&N, liked it but didn't have enough cash on me. When I came back they had taken it off the shelves (new month?) so I'm pretty ticked, I wanted to get into the explosion tutorial.

J-Rod

Earl
02-01-2005, 01:34 PM
The content of the magazine looks great. I'll have to see if I can find one at B&N.

Digital Junkie
02-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Hate to say it but I liked Keyframe ALOT better, I'm still going to collect HDRI (for the one or two tutorials they will have, but mostly for Brad Carveys page at the end) Granted Keyframe had less pages, but it had like ten tuts per issue. I'm still paying the same price for a bigger mag but now its filled with tuts I have absolutly no use for. Dont get me wrong, I do like the mag, I just feel it's a step backward for us lightwavers. PLEASE publish more Lightwave related content! :o

NanoGator
02-01-2005, 01:50 PM
12 Issues is a 2 year subscription, not 1. It's bi-monthly.

alice hdri 3d
02-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Recent issues of Keyframe had 5 to 7 tutorials in it, and not all were LW (Photoshop, for instance). The current issue of HDRI 3D has about 10 tutorials in it, and only 4 of them are XSI/Maya. Some really great tutorials by Proton, Deuce Bennett, Brad Carvey, Gregory Glezakos, Stephen Burns, and Aaron Kent. We ARE really trying to take care of you.

Stores must be selling out quickly, as they aren't returning many. If you can't find one in a store, try online.

OK, I'll go stick my head back in my hole. Don't come up for air often, but thought some might appreciate this info.

Muad'dib
02-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the reminder proton :) looks like I'll be getting my copy one way or another.

alice hdri 3d - do you ship to any distributors in Australia by any chance? I prefer to get them in stores / through these guys if possible?

alice hdri 3d
02-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Muad'dib - Our distributor stopped distributing internationally. We will continue to look for other options. Suggestions and leads are welcome. Perhaps a NewTek reseller in Australia would be interested in working something out with us.

We're having very good results since we started using DHL Global Mail instead of our postal service for international subscription shipments.

Alice

Muad'dib
02-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Thank you for the info Alice ... If DHL is 1/10 as fast as your response then you can sign me up ;)

MooseDog
02-01-2005, 09:25 PM
hey alice;

i'm gonna head on over and vote as soon as possible. great effort all around, congrats to the entire team.

-robin hoover

Nemoid
02-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Actually, it's $49 a year in the US. (Keyframe was $54 a year.)
It's $68 a year for other countries, which includes postage. (Keyframe was $84 a year.)

Hunter, hope you received it. If you didn't, let me know at [email protected] and I'll take care of it.

hey thank you for the reply.
the HDRI price makes a great senxe now that i know its for 2 years. :)

ravantra
02-03-2005, 07:30 AM
Went out yesterday to B&N store near me and found issue no. 1. It was $10 and worth every cent! Great content! Even the non LW stuff was worth it. Most 3D programs are so similar that the knowledge gained in one can be used in another. I am now in the hunt for issue 2. One issue every 2 months ....... $5 per month....I would pay triple!!!