PDA

View Full Version : SX-8 Composite & Y/C outputs color shift

SCS
11-15-2004, 04:37 PM
When I play back 75% color bars in VT[4] (hardware & software) - edit, the output looks ok from the SX-8's Y/Cs but has a green tint from the composites (unable to check the component outs)...

Is there a way to 'Auto-Cal' the SX-8 outputs so they all match?

Jim Capillo
11-15-2004, 04:55 PM
When I play back 75% color bars in VT[4] (hardware & software) - edit, the output looks ok from the SX-8's Y/Cs but has a green tint from the composites (unable to check the component outs)...

Is there a way to 'Auto-Cal' the SX-8 outputs so they all match?

Proc amp ! Or you can run autoconfig from the VT root folder......

SCS
11-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Thanks, I'll give the AutoConfig another try - I'd rather not 'Proc Amp' a signal to bring it back to unity, though.

One would think all the outputs would be the same in terms of Phase and Luminance...

tonsofpcs
11-16-2004, 01:36 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe thats what the genlock board is for, keeping things in sync so they can be used in a live environment.

Jim Capillo
11-16-2004, 05:17 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe thats what the genlock board is for, keeping things in sync so they can be used in a live environment.

Genlock does keep the external equipment in time with the VT, or the VT in time with external equipment. This problem seems to be phase timing between the busses, which the auto-config does in VT[4]. I haven't seen this particular problem on my setup, so it very well could be a board failure or other problem.

SCS, have you tried looking at the signal on an external (or VT) vectorscope? You should be able to see any phase shift there.

SCS
11-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Yes, (although I had to convert the Y/C to composite using a 'Y' cable because the scope I had available would only take composite) and it does shift between the two outputs. I do not believe genlock applies here since I am only playing back the 75% color bars RTV clip. If I switch between the same source on Preview and Program there is no shift, so the bus issue seems ok.

I emailed Newtek, hopefully they will have an answer other than board swapping since I am heavy with work at the moment...