PDA

View Full Version : project invalid name how did this happen?

Randall Chesbro
11-15-2004, 03:44 PM
I was working on a project and acedently copyed an extra cg on the time line .only wanted one so i hit undo and it locked up on me and when i went in to loadin a undoredo project it came up invalid file name . only one came up and that was like #1 of 20 not even close to what i need .
am i supposed to start over now?

im using vt4pro

Rich Deustachio
11-15-2004, 03:47 PM
If it was a CGpost clip it might be related to the deleting a CG Post clip bug.

Jim_C
11-15-2004, 03:52 PM
I was working on a project and acedently copyed an extra cg on the time line .only wanted one so i hit undo and it locked up on me and when i went in to loadin a undoredo project it came up invalid file name . only one came up and that was like #1 of 20 not even close to what i need .
am i supposed to start over now?

im using vt4pro

You're post is a little cryptic to me, so if I can ask,
You say when you open the undo/redo folder with the same name of your project, there is only one vt-edit project in that folder?

Try right clicking in the top bar of VT_Edit by the name and choose "Redo All Operations"

If that does not work, try a search of your computer for the filename of your project, just to see if the undo/redo stack is somehwere else by some way freaky accident.

Randall Chesbro
11-15-2004, 04:04 PM
I was doing some cgpost stuff and i went to copy a cg clip but one was already highlighted and so it copied two diffrent ones . i did this useing the ctrl drag short cut.
as i was draging it i notised it had two clips so i draged it back to where it was with out taking my finger off the mouse button and then i clicked undo and bang! locked up and i went in to the undoredo of that same project. i have it set at 20. they all said invail file name acepted #1 and that was way too far back . atleast an 2 hours of alot of little cg work i was cutting to a beat..