PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here watch stargate atlantis?

videoguy
11-15-2004, 08:58 AM
That show Rocks I jsut started watching it and I think its great. Just as good or better then the first stargate series it has more emphasis on chararecter development, the effects are well done and not over the top. Wonder if they are done in lightwave

cgbloke2004
11-15-2004, 05:05 PM
i do, but tbh i am watching it because i was a fan of Sg-1 and not because i really really like this new show. i dont really.. its so-so for now.
SG-1 seemed to have a faster start than this one, and i'm still enjoying Sg-1 even thoough it comes across as a comedy sometimes.

afaik i thought both stargates were done using Maya houses.. [or was it softimage? i cant remember now but i did read an article way back that indicated, mostleiely, maya]

the show thats really got me glued to it is Battlestar Galactica - that was done in LW and, for me, looks pretty awesome!

colkai
11-16-2004, 03:55 AM
Big fan of SG-1 and RDA, he just cracks me up! :) as for Amanda Tapping .. what a girl!
I do like the new series but it needs to find it's feet a bit, for now, the first few epsiodes are a bit "samey".
I'll carry on watching it though, I do think it will improve but my fav. will always be SG-1.

kurv
11-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Are you kidding I am a huge fan of SG1 and Atlantis!! TiVo every episode etc... my wife is getting a little sick of them now though, but not ME!!!

Stargate and Atlantis are done at Rainmaker in Canada... using LW. Nicholas Boughen (author of the LW Lighting and Tips book) does a lot of work on both and was recently nominated for an award for SG1 season 6. He is a LW artists :D

If you want to see some KILLER amiture work of the stargate stuff check out Ed Giddings, look him up on Google he has a site dedicated to SG1 and Atlantis 3D work he has done.... oh and some Trek stuff to... if your into that ;)

SG1 ROCKS!!!!