PDA

View Full Version : Screatching Audio When Adjusting Reverb

Rich Deustachio
11-15-2004, 01:28 AM
I tried the reverb audio filter and when I adjusted it the audio made a screatching noise and I has to delete the reverb filter for the audio to go back to normal.

SBowie
11-15-2004, 06:10 AM
I tried the reverb audio filter and when I adjusted it the audio made a screatching noise and I has to delete the reverb filter for the audio to go back to normal.The filter settings may be driving the audio into clipping on output -- did you try simply reducing the volume at that point?

Rich Deustachio
11-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Yes and also tried putting the setting back to the original setting at which point it lost audio completely until I removed the filter.

SBowie
11-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Well, that's my kick at the can - sorry, Rich. :(

Jim Capillo
11-15-2004, 11:57 AM
I tried the reverb audio filter and when I adjusted it the audio made a screatching noise and I has to delete the reverb filter for the audio to go back to normal.

Just tried it here, Rich and everything worked normally. I tried adjusting it with the clip running as well as static.

Are you using wav's ? :confused:

Rich Deustachio
11-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Jim it was on a captured rtv clip with wav audio. It was captured with VT3 before the VT4 install so maybe that has something to do with it.

Jim Capillo
11-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Yup, it might. I just loaded another clip on there and it worked fine again. I don't have any [3] clips to try it out with, though.

Rich Deustachio
11-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Here is how to reproduce it. Place the reverb filter under a clip, open up properties for the reverb, set room size up to 1.15 Hold your ears and hit play.

Jim Capillo
11-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Here is how to reproduce it. Place the reverb filter under a clip, open up properties for the reverb, set room size up to 1.15 Hold your ears and hit play.

LOL! That did it...... :eek:

Something about that room size that freaks it out. I had to unload/reload the project to get it to play again. Just resetting the value to the previous setting (.65) doesn't do anything.

Still the screech......... :rolleyes:

JReble
11-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Guys....ohhhhhmygod....anybody knows that a room exactly 1.5 times its size will screech like Dame Edna on acid. :eek:

I guess they need to add that to the fix list. I've noticed a few issues have cropped up and I haven't even received my upgrade disks yet. how many problems are you guys having? I saw the new CG in timeline functions are problematic and there have been some capture and multi stream playback problems. Is there any concern about moving over to v4 yet?