PDA

View Full Version : Bug In size.... particles

Hervé
11-14-2004, 07:32 AM
I am posting that here, because it is burried somewhere in a thread thats not evident to find....

Is therea way to make the particles grow up as they leave the emitter....?

Is this a know bug..... ? :mad: :( :confused: :o

Silkrooster
11-14-2004, 09:37 PM
You can if you use hypervoxels.
Silk

Silkrooster
11-14-2004, 09:47 PM
I just tried it with out using the envelope it still seamed to work with just particle age. So the envelope may be over kill. Let me know what you think
Silk

Hervé
11-14-2004, 11:25 PM
In Fact it seams that what is working in HV does not work in the particle emitter (and it should, I believe it's a bug, otherwise, why putting a gradient there).

If you plan on using HV, then fine, but I'll use FX_Linker, and worse is that there is a button to click in FX_Linker, special for that....

Thanks though... simply not possible... unelss someone has an illumination... :confused:

Silkrooster
11-15-2004, 12:28 AM
I am able to get the size to vary on the particles themselves but when I try to use the fx linker either all object are original size or they are scaled to zero, if I try to use the variable size option in fx linker. Once I did get the object so large I could not see all of it. I am still trying to figure out what the scaling system is 1.0 of what? It certainly acts like a bug, but I know I need to learn more about dynamics so I really can't say for sure.
Hopefully someone else with a little more experience can help, like HowardM, proton, etc. anyways, good luck. If you find an answer let me know. I would love to slap my head and say "duh" :D
Silk

Hervé
11-15-2004, 12:37 AM
yes it is either very bad documented... or a BUG........ bbbbbzzzzzzzz ... Slaappp !

(I suspect a bug here..... he he) :D :rolleyes: