PDA

View Full Version : CGPost in VT[4]

DonN
11-13-2004, 03:04 PM
I want to continue Ivan's thread.
This is about the CGPost filter for the timeline.
It's very buggy, to put it bluntly.
There is inconsistent linkage of values and responses between the Control Tree adjustments and the cgpages window area to the right of it.
I hardly know where to begin I've had so many gotcha's happening.
Many of these are so obvious that they must have been reported already.
The cursor isn't active for text input until you click it off then on again.
Even then its sometimes unresponsive to input.
Keyframing the position of a particular line of text does not "take" unless you go to the tree and click the dots/on that control line.
The frame and shadow controls are cross wired or drop wired between the window and the tree, making setting them problematic.
I would say that at this stage, the CGPost Effect is are of limited use,
Unless you're willing to commit lots of time to trial and ERROR. to get what you want happening.
When my time matters,
I'm sticking with the regular CG
and with Aura, which I still use quite a bit for my CG work.
Don

Rich Deustachio
11-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Sorry to say I have to agree, it is full of bugs. One big one is if you delete a CGstill clip from the timeline it will crash the system everytime.

UnCommonGrafx
11-14-2004, 09:12 PM
It doesn't crash everytime... I tried it right after a crash and it worked ok.

Truly, it is a work in progress. Useless...?

I think not. I have an edit that has 15 or so on the timeline and it's been a rather pleasant experience.

I'm probably gonna be one of the few that has a "thumbs" up. Do I think it needs more work? You betchya!! Can I get work done AND have an animated kern? Yup.

That said, here's a "Cheers!" to the next revision to finish off some of the annoyances we have to endure.

ScorpioProd
11-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Honestly, in its current form, I don't find it very useful.

Creating ANY type of normal page in it takes considerablly longer than using the regular CG. I'm not looking to spend more time on bread and butter stuff if there isn't value added.

The reason for this is that a lot of the necessary global controls are MISSING and only buried deep in the control tree on a line by line basis.

IF I needed to animate lines individually, I would consider it, but that's about the only use I can see for it currently.

Rich Deustachio
11-14-2004, 09:48 PM
It doesn't crash everytime... I tried it right after a crash and it worked ok.

Try it after typing in some text. Crashes everytime here.

Paul Lara
11-15-2004, 07:40 AM
I'll get that crashing bug to Engineering, guys.
Thanks for the feedback!

Rich Deustachio
11-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Thanks Paul, we're not complaining just trying to bring it to NewTeks attention.

UnCommonGrafx
11-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Heck,
I'm complaining.

:D

But that's only cuz I care.

:cool:

Randall Chesbro
11-16-2004, 11:55 AM
i just finish a 2 min opening with alot of cgpost stuff and when it got me it did a good job. it messed up all the undoredo files that had cgs in them. made them all invalid file name. all 19 of them.?

Rich Deustachio
11-18-2004, 06:20 PM
I found out that if you slide the CGpost clip away from being under a video clip to an open area, then delete it it won't crash. The crash also happens with scroll and crawl post clips. CGpost is very sluggish and buggy, I hope NewTek fixes this because this was one of the biggest selling points to the upgrade and it is not usable.

I would just like to know how the hell this got past the beta stage with all the bugs it has in it?

wvp
11-18-2004, 06:37 PM
...I hope NewTek fixes this ...
I would email this directly to Paul Lara (sorry Paul, not sure if there is a better place!) so he can see that your findings are passed on to the right people to fix it.

I would just like to know how the hell this got past the beta stage with all the bugs it has in it?
Perhaps this is the beta stage and what happend prior was the alpha stage??

Rich Deustachio
11-18-2004, 06:55 PM
I have already been in e-mail communications with NewTek support on this one :D

pnelson
11-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Guys and gals,

If you run into any issues, please email the details to Michael "Aussie" Holten. [email protected]

In the new Video Marketing Department, Aussie is the guy that is handling the Customer Feedback to Engineering issues.

Thanks for your support!