PDA

View Full Version : Level of detail in lwo's

Tabu
11-13-2004, 08:10 AM
Hi
Im working on modding the game GroundControl 2. (www.groundcontrol2.com)
In order to give the models ingame LOD I have to setup the model in modeler with diffrent detailed models. Does anyone have a clue on how this is done?

Ive tried to fiddle around in layout in order to see if this was the way to do it, but without sucess!

This is the quote from the documentation:

When you load models (.lwo or .ms3d) lower lod levels are automatically included if the models have the _LodX suffix (where X is a number from 2-5) in the filename. If lower LODs are found, you can set their change distances in the Mesh dialog.

bloontz
11-13-2004, 08:45 AM
Did you load and configure the Level-of-Detail object replacement plugin under Object Replacement in the Object Properties dialog?

Tabu
11-13-2004, 08:47 AM
Nope, I dont think so..
*Tabu goes of to fiddle with it*
Thx Ill report back if it works! :)

Edit: Yes I did, thought it was in modeler, but the object proberties is in layout!

jasonwestmas
11-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Everything After LOD is where I'm completely lost and very confused:)

Tabu
11-13-2004, 05:23 PM
LOD = Level of detail ;)

jasonwestmas
11-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Everything AFTER LOD. I'm just not sure what he's trying to do. How much detail does he need? ;)

Tabu
11-14-2004, 02:05 PM
hehe ;)
I figured it out.
It was something engine dependent...
You had to set it up in Layout, and then name the files "filename_LodX.lwo" where the X is the number of the LOD....
But Egine dependant so not really of interest I think?

Well anyways I made a tut explaing how to do it, if you would like a bit more explanation!

http://www.nuf.dk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=102