PDA

View Full Version : Monitor settings what is everyone using.

Starlost
11-13-2004, 12:59 AM
I've noticed that when I create an image it's always really dark. when Viewed on another computer. What I was curious about is what seems to be the ideal contrast and Brightness setting for the monitor. 50/50 100/100 does anyone know what the folks at the major animation houses have as a standard. Ramping it up all the way like I do is great for some of the games that I do but I don't think it's best for 3d image creation. I'm thinking contrast of 100 and brightness of 50 would be ideal but I would prefer to use what the rest of us consider to be standard. I know I can always go into photoshop and brighten up an image but if I do it correctly in LW that would be an unneccessary step.

Just curios.. what you all have found works best for you.

Render On!

Starlost....

ingo
11-13-2004, 02:56 AM
How about simply calibrating your monitor, so make a grayscale pattern from white to black and adjust your monitor still both are visible the way you think its fine. A 100% contrast is definitly not good, that slowly kills the monitor and your eyes, that is an old habbit from the days when CAD people used colored lines on black backround. Another idea is to change your Gamma settings, if your monitor allows it. Or buy a LCD screen ;)