PDA

View Full Version : Uv map expanding or padding?

Exception
11-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Does anyone know of a automated way or a program that can expand uv maps by a certain number of pixels?
I find myself having dark lines at the edges of polygons which are seriously unwanted, and going through all the maps by hand and painting them away is not my idea of a good time...
It would be nice if Baker had that in it already, I know some other programs do have it in their baker, and it works very nice.

Silkrooster
11-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Your not accidently saving the uv map with the lines created by the eps exporter are you?
When exporting a uv map from lightwave to an image editor, you should create a new layer then create your map, then you can hide the lines before saving the map.
Silk

Exception
11-14-2004, 03:43 AM
No I'm not, its just that the maps are fairly small and the object fairly big. Some of the black edges leak into the surface of the object. I wish to counter it by expanding or padding the map. Its a fairly commopn operation in most programs but I dont seem to find a utility that can take an already created map and then expand it by X pixel rows...

Dodgy
11-14-2004, 06:14 AM
Have you tried selecting your black areas and deleting them, then copying your bake layer and pasting it 4 times underneath itself, one to the left by a pixel, one to the right, one up and one down. This will repeat the edge pixels and hopefully get rid of the black overlap.

Exception
11-22-2004, 06:51 AM
Hmm good idea... can probably even make that into an action in photoshop. thanks!