PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Aura Exporting Still Frame

Cauchy
11-11-2004, 08:16 PM
I want to export a sequence still frames by a 1 second PAL format Aura project, which is produced by Video Crabber function in Aura, I must set the "Length" as 3, so my Animation could go smoothly. And as we all know, PAL has 25 frames per second, and every frame has 2 field. So the problem comes, everytime when i push the "Grab Input" Button, i get 3 frames which mean 3 fields, amount to 1.5 PAL frames.

http://img.pcpop.com/upimg2/2004/11/12/11175115220858037.jpg

However, when i export the sequence frames, Aura gives me 25 picture files for 1 second project, that makes some picture like below:

http://img.pcpop.com/upimg2/2004/11/12/13900012806177406.jpg

How can i set to let Aura export 50 picture files from a PAL project

Thanks.

tonsofpcs
11-13-2004, 12:06 AM
You need to change the project to be 50 fps [preserve timing], then export. Not sure where the change needs to be done in Aura, but in Mirage it is in Project>Modify Project.

SBowie
11-13-2004, 06:20 PM
I want to export a sequence still frames by a 1 second PAL format Aura project, which is produced by Video Crabber function in Aura, I must set the "Length" as 3, so my Animation could go smoothly.For future reference, may I suggest simply grabbing single frames (probably progressive frames at that), then multiplying them later to suit whatever playback rate you wish - whether 2's or 3's.

You can test the playback at various framerates in any case, then decide how many multiples you wish to have for each frame. For example, for PAL purposes you might grab 25 frames with the expectation that 'animated on twos', these would be doubled to form 2 full seconds at a 25fps playback rate. Even with the single frame layer, you can preview the animation at 12.5fps to see if you like it. If it seems good, at that point you can stretch the layer with interpolate turned off, thus duplicating each frame to wind up with 50. Export this as a PAL clip and you're done.