PDA

View Full Version : IK Leg

twister47
11-11-2004, 11:07 AM
Hey

Following the tutorial over at Kurvstudios.com on rigging and I'm running into a problem with my leg.

My character was modelled with his legs put apart, and after putting bones in, setting IK for the thigh on heading and pitch, and just heading on the calve, when I bring it over so he's standing straight up (look only at the Right leg) it looks fine, but if I bring it up, the knee goes off to the right.

I've supplied pictures of the rotation too.

Any suggestions would rock.

Thanks

Dodgy
11-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Did you use skelegons or just draw your bones straight in? If you used skelegons, draw them in the front/back viewport for the legs (including the parent of the thigh, I'd also do this for your whole skeleton, apart from the wrist down to the tips of the fingers, which should be drawn in the top view) then when you've laid it out, pull the points in the other viewports to match your mesh. Then when you convert them to bones, your pitch and heading rotations should be the other way round ie the pitch circles will all be pointing forward and back, and the heading circles will all be side to side. This is how I prefer to have my legs, so the knee bends on the pitch.

This probably isn't a solution to your problem, but it might be something to try.

Are your legs prebent?