PDA

View Full Version : collision with nebula effect question

Starlost
11-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Ok I'm toying around with stuff and I can make nice nebulas with the HV's and a fair ship for testing purposes now I want the ship to pass thru a nebula and have it displace the particles but for the life of me I cant seem to get it to work. I figured out the workings mostly with the fx emitters and using planes and spheres etc to make water bounce around but for the life of me I cant get the ship to interact with the nebula or is that the nebula to interact with the ship. Does anyone know a good tutorial on this out there? The effect is like the voyager title sequence that I am looking for..

Any help would be great.. Thanks :)

Starlost...

( I know it must be a simple thing I'm just missing something obvious I just know it..)

Hoopti
11-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Have you setup the ship as a collision object? If so, what are the settings you're using.

What type of HVs are you using? How many are you using? I've made nebulas with 1 HV and 10,000 hvs.

I'll try to help, although I'm no expert on HVs.

Hoop

SplineGod
11-12-2004, 11:21 PM
something like this:
www.3dtrainingonline.com/examples/nebula.mov

Starlost
11-13-2004, 12:53 AM
yes just like that animation. but for the life of me I can't seem to get the right settings I set the ship object to bounce and the HV to scatter but then again I'm not looking in the manual so I'll probably have to resort to that. eventually what I want to do is make a roughly eggshaped envelope using that technique I figured I could run the ship thru the nebula that way and for planetary atmospheric flights just change the surfacing to make it more of a firey type effect. But first things first I have to figure out how to do the effect properly.

interesting animation I like the ship and the way it cloud interacted. Like I said earlier it's probably really easy I'm just overthinking it.

Render On!

Starlost...