PDA

View Full Version : Wip Ball

luka
04-08-2003, 10:58 PM
HI
I just thought I would upload a test render of a game ball which is part of a computer game that I would like to create. pretty basic, comms welcom.

luka
04-08-2003, 11:00 PM
I suppose it would help if I post the pic

stoehr
04-08-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by luka
I suppose it would help if I post the pic

OOW! nice. I love textured balls. There so much fun.

luka
04-09-2003, 01:08 AM
Oh don't you just love 'em
here's a close up

Epita
04-09-2003, 01:23 PM
wow, really cool good looking

Epita

3DBOX
04-09-2003, 03:08 PM
I suppose this does not pertain to the object of the game. But when looking at the front it looks like the silver can be depressed in like a button. but the top shows that its just inset a bit. I would bring out the silver ohmost flush with the outside of the ball. IMO

starbase1
04-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Very nice texturing, futuristic, but still realistic and beleivable.

But I think if I kicked it, the ball would stay put and I'd break a toe.....

Maybe we should ahve a competition (no prize), ball on a chessboard?!

Nick

sparky
04-09-2003, 04:48 PM
ooo, I like it. Now the game intrigues me... is it a based on a real sports game, or made up?

luka
04-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by sparky
ooo, I like it. Now the game intrigues me... is it a based on a real sports game, or made up?

Hey I'm glad you asked cause I have rapid prototyped a racket that could be used. As for the game itself yes I have the basics worked out, and will update here.

Chimera
04-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Hmmm.... great stuff man. Is the game like lacross (spelling?)

BTW, how did you do that brushed metal?

luka
04-10-2003, 09:56 PM
actually now that I think about it it should really be a sprot (futuristic of course)
Similar to lacross but crossed with rollerball.

The brushed metal was created with modified scratch maps which are plced in the bump channel, I found that more than one would give you that lovely anstropic effect

Hiraghm
04-11-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by luka
actually now that I think about it it should really be a sprot (futuristic of course)
Similar to lacross but crossed with rollerball.

The brushed metal was created with modified scratch maps which are plced in the bump channel, I found that more than one would give you that lovely anstropic effect

You mean real rollerball as defined by James Caan and John Houseman or that atrocious remake they did recently? :rolleyes:

"Rollerball was created to demonstrate the futility of individual effort" - John Houseman (the real) Rollerball

Epita
04-11-2003, 12:18 PM
good looking stuff, but i think the balls look to heavy, and would break the flimsy looking plastic racketts. try to harden them up or make the balls less heavy looking. tho i guess this will sort itself out when/if they get into motoion

Epita

sparky
04-11-2003, 01:45 PM
looks cool. The rackets do look a bit flimsy though. The way those are made looks a little like Jai Alai.