PDA

View Full Version : Plug-ins Won't stay put

JohnLayne
11-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Just got a new G5 2.5 Ghz. Went to load my plug-ins and they all seemed to load properly. Then I quit Modeler and relaunch and I have do do it all over again. Anyone experiencing this?

Thanks,
Layne

blabberlicious
11-11-2004, 03:40 AM
Just got a new G5 2.5 Ghz. Went to load my plug-ins and they all seemed to load properly. Then I quit Modeler and relaunch and I have do do it all over again. Anyone experiencing this?

Thanks,
Layne

You beat me to it. Just about find out if anyone else has the same problem.

I've had no end of problems getting Layout and Modeller to manage Plug-ins correctly.

The Utilities>Additional Pop up fails to show newly added plugins - forcing you to search them out in preferences and add as Shortcuts/Buttons.

So my guess is that they have loaded, but that you can access them via Utilites>Additional.

If you 'reset' the Modeller menus by choosing the default settings, you will find the newly added plug-ins appear - but then you lose you carefully built Menus :-)

Reloading your (backed up :-) menu config doesn't correct the problem.

If you examine the Layout Preferences panes you'll see that sometimes LW decides to load new plugins into a folder called 'Additional', sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it highlights newly added plugins, sometimes not.

You get the impression there's a lot of code in there fighting it out to take control of the config files - with predictable results.

Needless to say - for the millionth time - this doesn't happen on PC (or even LW8)

One thing I would say is that when LW crashes on a mac, it manages to write out the changed configs - unlike a PC. Some kind of miracle?

If you aren't getting anything going at all, and you have recently updated your mac OS, it's ALWAYS a good idea to repair permissions (Utilities>Disk Utilities)

Good luck, and I really hope that this is one of MANY fixes in the upcoming update.

I'll post this link to Scott @ NT

Cheers