PDA

View Full Version : No DV audio out

John Alfero
11-10-2004, 07:06 AM
I'm not getting any DV audio to playback on VT-edit in VT3. I heard the audio going into the toaster when I was capturing it, I can see it's waveform and see the audio on the Vu meter on the Toasters audio mixer, but I can't hear it. I can play and hear the audio on a clip that I captured live on the same timeline, but as soon as the editline hits the DV clip there is nothing but silence. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ivan
11-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Change your Prefs from "DV out from Main Row" to "DV out from Program out".

Ivan

John Alfero
11-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Ivan,

I looked in the preferences panel, but I don't see any "DV out from Program Out " listing. I must be looking in the wrong place.

John Alfero
11-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks for your help. I figured it out. I needed to turn on the mono button above VT-Edit channel on the audio mixer. You learn something new everyday!

Jim_C
11-10-2004, 10:42 AM
I needed to turn on the mono button above VT-Edit channel on the audio mixer. You learn something new everyday!

That's not a normal thing. Did you capture the DV clips in mono somehow?

And you say that some clips on the timeline play audio, these DV clips do not? Only when you mono VT-Edit? What happens to the clips that did play fine when you mono it?

tonsofpcs
11-13-2004, 12:16 AM
From what I read, it seems the audio was captured on one channel, and the output device [speaker] is only getting audio on the other, so pressing the mono button/switch lets the original audio go to both channels, and hence go to the output.