PDA

View Full Version : Need Toaster 4000 install disks

TheMagicM
11-09-2004, 07:08 AM
Probably not all of them..# 35 so far. I purchased a VT 4000 w/original software.. some disks have read errors but still decompress.. when I get to #35, its a no-go. You figure NewTek would of put this on CDROM.. :( Anyone have #35 I can copy ?

NewTek: I'm in San Antonio btw, do you have a CDROM of this or a copy of #35 I can pick up?

tonsofpcs
11-11-2004, 02:40 PM
I had this same problem with #35 on two different sets, and have seen others with this problem on this disk. I got replacement disks from Videology (http://www.videology.org/) and they worked well. If you know what you are doing with the system, you can see if someone at Newtek can send you an ADF or DMF file (image) of the disk.

TheMagicM
11-11-2004, 02:42 PM
yea, I'm pretty positive I know what I'm doing. LOL. I'll ask them if they have it in ADF of DMS format as a last resort... A friend of mine has the same toaster so I'll copy #35 and see if that takes care of it. Then .DMS it to CD for backup.

tonsofpcs
11-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Well the Toaster and Flyer software, Version 4.2 (I believe) was released on CD-ROM. I am unsure if this works with only the Toaster/Flyer, only the Toaster 4000 & Flyer, or all 3 [2000, 4000, and T/F]

TheMagicM
11-11-2004, 03:05 PM
no biggie... since a friend of mine has it, I can get it from him.

billmi
02-22-2005, 08:06 AM
4.1 was released on CDROM - same CD with or without the Flyer installed. You can even use it to assemble edit montages or sequence toaster transitions without having the Flyer - tasty.

And just loading one CD and clicking to install, was ever so much nicer than swapping 50 some odd floppies.

tonsofpcs
02-22-2005, 10:22 AM
4.1 was released on CDROM - same CD with or without the Flyer installed. You can even use it to assemble edit montages or sequence toaster transitions without having the Flyer - tasty.

And just loading one CD and clicking to install, was ever so much nicer than swapping 50 some odd floppies.

48 + 2 ;)
And hey, some of us aren't luck enough to have SCSI CD-drives [I just got an external one a few weeks ago and now need to find the cablings I need]