PDA

View Full Version : Key frame onion skin in Layout

Piolla
04-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Would'nt it be cool if we could have a onion skin option in Layout?

I don't know how many of you guys came from 2D but I realy miss the hability to see my pevious (and next) key frame like I was drawing in an animation disk.
With the video cards we have today I don't think it would be too hard, but then, I'm not a programmer...

Am I the only one that have thought that?

Would apreciate some replys.

Mylenium
04-08-2003, 11:46 PM
I suppose you mean ghosting... Well, It may be useful for certain critical animation jobs where you need to sync multiple items to each other, but honestly even though it is e.g. in Maya I almost never use it. In my opinion the ghosts are creating more confusion than they help you.

Mylenium

Piolla
04-09-2003, 06:53 AM
Well, I'm new to 3D and I don't know how this ghosting thing work in Maya, but since I'm used to seeing the last keyframe I did either by flipping or by the light table, I am missing it.

Maybe it's just because I'm trying to compare apples with oranges...
Anyway, I just wanna see the last (or lasts) keyframe. Every 2D Animation software has something like it, even though I don't use it all the time.

Thanks for the reply.

Piolla

cresshead
05-29-2004, 06:21 AM
try here

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lw3d/files/LScripts/Onion/

BTW seeing as lw 8 is all about workflow and character animtion i will be expecting this feature in a lightwave8x update to the core application sometime soon...as 3ds max and maya both have this feature built into the application.

as always attention to detail for character animators would be a good move esp if they are coming from a traditional animation background as even such apps as flash mx has onion skinning built into the app to help with animation with characters.

steve g