PDA

View Full Version : RTV support for Premiere 6.5 and Toaster 3/4

JReble
11-08-2004, 12:27 PM
I hesitate to ask this for the answer I may get, but has anyone been able to get the original RTV plugins to work properly with Toaster3/4 and Premiere 6.5?

I've got a number of filters I'd like to use from time to time and I was never able to really get the RTV plugin working properly with T2 and Premiere 6. Doesn't look good for Premiere 6.5 and T3 either. Anybody made them work properly?

JReble
11-11-2004, 06:51 AM
Shall I take that as a no? :(

Bobt
11-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Doesn't look good for Premiere 6.5 and T3 either. Anybody made them work properly?

Yes there were quite a few Premiere 6.5 users.
Everything worked pretty well in 6.5 RTV loading was OK as well.
It worked in T3. So I am not sure what version of the plugin you have.
There was one for Premiere 5 thats not going to work for Premiere 6.5
There was one for Premiere 6.5.
That works.
Sorry for not answering sooner I thought someone else would chime in.

Bob

animlab
11-17-2004, 03:53 AM
Well, why not use the tools we already have, TEDcodec and VFAPIcodec.
First, user VFAPIconv to wrap RTVs into AVIs (you need RTV.vfp be installed). It take just a few seconds to do that.
Then, Premiere are ready to load AVI via VFAPIcodec. It is a little bit slow but works.
Then render AVi with "NewTek's VT[3] codec" (ie. TEDcodec) and it come out AVI and RTV at same time.

If you want to use TEDcodec on PC without VT[4 or 3], that is a way to install TEDcodec. I don't know whether NewTek allow that or not (software license issues) but I have tried that and it do work on my notebook.

eon5
06-06-2005, 05:57 AM
if i use VFAPIconv... what about original RTV timecode ?

animlab
06-09-2005, 12:44 AM
if i use VFAPIconv... what about original RTV timecode ?
RTV's original timecode is hidden in a seperated file under NewTek.info directory. RTV file did not contain any timecode information. So, it is impossible for Premiere to get timecode from RTV (via VFAPIconv). Unless someone write a program to fix this.