PDA

View Full Version : The waiting room

otacon
11-08-2004, 08:51 AM
This is something i did over the weekend for fun. Sort of a spooky waiting room. Going for photo real. Tell me what you think. :D

glassefx
11-08-2004, 09:10 AM
Makes me feel like I'm with my Mamaw at her old, weird doctor's office. It's way busy which is looking ok but I keep thinking solid color on the carpet?

I'd also make the light globes more of an antiqued white color. Something with dirty yellow colors.

peace, looking great as usual otacon

Tiger
11-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Otacon... :eek: ..just Wonderful !!

Did you use more lights in the scene
than the ones that we see? Did you use FPrime?

Such a nice waitingroom

:)

mattclary
11-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Awesome!

DOOOHH...stupid message length requirements!

otacon
11-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Thanks. The floor is actually supposed to be tile, i have some reflection on it but probably not enough. I started with a more solid pattern, but changed to this one to match the color in the wallpaper. Lamps started out yellowish, but in the post work they got blown out. This was rendered in lightwave with interpolated radiosity. Took a little over an hour. I can post the light setup when i get home.

ingo
11-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Nice moody picture, but one can see the tiling of the floor and the wall texture. Oh, and the reflection of the left lightglobe in the mirror looks odd, as if the light is switched off.

mattclary
11-09-2004, 06:43 AM
Thanks. The floor is actually supposed to be tile

Oh man, you should definitely go with carpet, much creepier. And yeah, Ingo is right, one side of the tiled image is darker and it looks kinda bad.

Whit
11-09-2004, 07:09 AM
otacon--

Nice, really nice.

Little things (tiny little things):

The light on the left is a pretty strong compositional element close to the edge that adds tension. I wish, however, that the globe either was partially cropped by the picture edge, or was a little more into the picture, rather than "kissing" the edge.

I really wish there was a person in the picture. You have made a hallway that we only see in the mirror. It would be interesting to see a person in the mirror, down the hall, kind of faintly because the reflection is dark. Perhaps a person coming down the hall with a walker.

I think that there is a piece of paper on the floor by one of the lamps. It looks like a shingle sheet with two ends curled. It seems unlikely to have two ends curled up like that unless it had just hit the floor.

--Whit

bcicio
11-09-2004, 06:59 PM
So realistic that looking at that mirror leaves me with the impression that I must be a vampire.

starbase1
11-10-2004, 06:51 AM
Lovely use of subdued colour and lighting.

I don't quite understand the reflected line of lights though - is this the end of a long corridor shaped room?

Nick

otacon
11-10-2004, 08:21 AM
That is actually a window, not a mirror. So the hallway is on the other side of it. I can see why everybody thinks its a mirror though.

Hervé
11-10-2004, 08:41 AM
very nice mood..... very David Lynch... bravo ! :) ;)