PDA

View Full Version : animating the camera

auguste raffael
11-07-2004, 07:08 PM
I posted this question elsewhere but thought to simplify it.

What is the best way to animate the camera from the camera view, while rotating around the point of interest?

Thanks

a

hrgiger
11-07-2004, 08:45 PM
The best way to pivot around an object is to place a null within the object and then make the camera a child of that null through parenting. Then just rotate the null and your camera will do a perfect loop around the object.

Silkrooster
11-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Thats better then what I was going to suggest. I was thinking about creating a motion path for the camera to follow.
I have to agree with Hrgiger, much less messy then my way.
Silk

auguste raffael
11-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Cool, so i suppose you just animate the camera on it's Z axis to zoom in and out. and rotate the pivot point of the camera null to change the camera's orientation.

thanks, that is a help.

a

lesterfoster
11-08-2004, 07:28 PM
I was going to suggest setting up a null object and targeting the camera to it. That way you could move the camera any where that you wanted, and the camera would always stay pointed at the target null object. But hrgiger's suggestion looks interesting too. I think that I will try that method some time soon.

auguste raffael
11-09-2004, 10:03 AM
targeting sounds like it might be just the ticket. How does it work?

I am assuming that targeting would adjust the orientation of the camera automatically, regardless of where it is placed. That is the what I am looking for. However I havn't found a reference to targeting in the manual...

thanks

a

Weetos
11-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Select the camera, press 'm' for motion options and then select the reference null as the target. you can also set a parent for your camera thanks to this panel. Look at page 462 (LW8) to get more details about this feature

Regards,

Weetos

auguste raffael
11-09-2004, 11:10 AM
Hot ****!

thanks,

a