PDA

View Full Version : scrubbing audio in LW8

meanlebh
11-07-2004, 02:05 PM
I am about to start my first lipsync test since I have gotten LW 8, I have done this in the past in 7.5, and the audio always seemed to scrub just fine for me, but now that I am in 8, it seems to almost scrub too quickly...it as soon as i try to go to the next frame, it just keeps on playing the audio even though the timeline slider is staying still....it does this until i move my mouse to another location....is this a feature of LW, or a bug, or am I just overlooking something else here?
any help would be great!

toby
11-08-2004, 06:41 PM
LW's always been whacky with audio, especially scrubbing - I recommend using another program - Premiere, Magpie, FCP, I use FCExpress

meanlebh
11-08-2004, 09:50 PM
thanks for the info, I had heard that this may be the way to go...although i am a little confused as to way to go about this, do I just scrub the audio in FCP to find out where the keyframes should be while at the same time animating in LW? or is there an easier way to go about this, I am currently waiting for my copy of FCP as we speak, so I dont' have it in front of me right now to experiment. any tips would be great!

thanks again for the reply

toby
11-09-2004, 01:36 PM
The way I was taught is to write down the keyframe the vowels hit, on a chart, which, I think, is the original dopesheet - this you would do in FCP - then plug in the phonems at the right keyframes in LW and do a preview