PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Cloth in a scene

ruud
11-06-2004, 03:13 AM
hi,

I'm working with LW7.5c and, I try to put a scene together with quite a lot of cloth.

But, when I press calculate, no matter how far each clothing is from eachother, it totally messes it up...

What am I doing wrong? And what could I do about it? Or... is it even possible to put multiple clothing in a LW7.5c scene...

Thanks in advance

Ruuter

ruud
11-08-2004, 09:11 AM
anyone????

Silkrooster
11-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Perhaps you could post a screen shot of before and after calculations. Perhaps a screen shot of the cloth settings as well. I don't know if I am that qualified to help with a cloth issue, but I will try. I am sure others will step in after awhile. they may be busy at the moment. Most of my cloth experience stems from ver 8. So hopefully I can make some heads or tails out of your problem.
Silk

Carm3D
11-09-2004, 03:14 AM
I suggest Calculating then MD_Scanning to a .MDD one element at a time.

Then load up all the seperate elements and use MD_Plug at load the corresponding .MDD file.

If it still totally messes up, it's probably not the fault of multiple cloths. I'd calculate them one at a time reguardless.

Silk, how are you doing with ClothFX? I can never get it to work well. I'm back to using Motion Designer and just happy to have something that works.

ruud
11-09-2004, 10:34 AM
I already got to the problem, you'd have to calculate each cloth seperately from eachother, and I had to set the update setting to Auto instead of All targets

Thanks!

Ruuter

Silkrooster
11-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Carm,
I am actually having more fun with hard fx right now. I have noticed some bugs in the dynamics. Seams like one time it works, next it doesn't, etc. Certain settings seam to to very sensitive. I still have a lot of learning to go. All I can say is I am glad I do not have any deadlines to meet. Allows me more time to learn all the in's and out's of Lightwave. But when ever I get a chance to help some one, I try to take up that challenge. Hopefully I will learn something in the process as well.
Silk