PDA

View Full Version : Constraining Modify movement?

tmon
02-12-2003, 06:05 PM
Does anyone here know if there is a secret way to constrain a section of text when the modify mode is selected in Toaster CG? Ala holding the "v" in T[2]? or "Shift" in the Adobe products?

tmon
02-12-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by taiji
Does anyone here know if there is a secret way to constrain a section of text when the modify mode is selected in Toaster CG? Ala holding the "v" in T[2]? or "Shift" in the Adobe products?

Wow this board is great. If I keep replying to myself, I can come up with great tips and answers to my own questions. As an added bonus, I can move away from "Junior Member" status.

TIP: After selecting a body of text or other element in Toaster CG, you can use the cursor keys to incrementally move it in the direction of your choosing!

ScorpioProd
02-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Don't have an answer, except I don't think there is one.

I would love to be able to constrain to "keep aspect ratio" but I don't think that feature is in there.

tmon
02-14-2003, 02:29 AM
Well, it doesn't look like there is a way to constrain the proportion/sizing in modify mode. Good thing there is "undo." On more than one occasion, I've inadvertently resized things when I was only intending to move something around.

while I haven't found a way to "Select All" in Toaster CG in my current build, once I have Ctrl-Selected what I want, the cursor keys DO move things directionally in increments.