PDA

View Full Version : Slooooww Looaad

dastreb
11-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Lately LW8.01 takes forever loading even the simplest scenes.

I just opened a scene which contains a simple airplane object. It's a very plain scene, which I've just started working on, so no plugins are being used, simple surfaces, no lighting effects, etc. It takes about 2 minutes to load for 1 object.

When I load any scenes, the requester box indicates plugin after plugin is loading.

Anyone have suggestion on speeding up the load process? 7.5 loads in a flash.

Thanks

dastreb
11-03-2004, 09:01 PM
OK... I found that there are thousands of instances of "Content Manager" in the Master Edit Plugins editor. Is there a way to delete all of these at once? Or do I have to delete one at a time.

ingo
11-04-2004, 02:43 AM
Simply open the scene file in a texteditor and delete them there.

dastreb
11-04-2004, 09:13 AM
Thanks Ingo...

dastreb
11-04-2004, 09:18 AM
One last thing...

Is there a way to prevent Content Manager from building up these long lists? I started another scene last night with only one object. By the time I was finished the 90 frame anim, Content Manager generated a list of 15 or so instances. Every time I open the scene to modify it, more instances are created. With a larger scene, the Content Manager becomes unmanageable.

hmmm kinda like my manager

Thanks for any input

ingo
11-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Thats why i dont use the content manager, same thing happens with HyperVoxels.

EmperorPete
11-05-2004, 04:41 PM
I had this problem. It turned a 500K scene file into a 2.2Gb monster. I had to remove over 3000 instances of the spreadsheet editor.
I am now VERY much in the habit of checking the Master Plugins List before EVERY time I save a scene.

gjjackson
11-05-2004, 05:39 PM
I was thinking there was a plugin somewhere to accomplish this automatically.

dastreb
11-06-2004, 07:50 AM
After finding out about the Content Manager bug(?) , I've started checking it on a regulat basis. It's amazing how quickly it develops an unwanted list of instances. I've gone through some old scene files and have discovered that most of them contain a huge list of instances, and this of course slows down the entire process. Is there a way to get rid of it, or is it an integral part of LW?

BeeVee
11-07-2004, 11:18 AM
To optimise your scenes, whether for Screamernet or just to clean up stray master plug-ins, I can thoroughly recommend Kevin Phillips' LCSM available here:

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/community/lightwave/phillips/1.html

B