PDA

View Full Version : Aura is no longer in the NewTek site???

ToasterClub
04-08-2003, 11:55 AM
Aura is no longer in this site????

Maybe a herd of thousands elephants passed over the site???

Or a new Version it`s comming????

Wats Up, Doc????

John Galt
04-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Maybe they are not using Aura as a Standalone anymore? Is it just a part of the Toaster, since NewTek didn't really push it as standalone anyway?

Or maybe the developers have left the company? (There seems to be a lot of that going around lately.)

TyVole
04-08-2003, 06:35 PM
The funny thing is that I just received my LightWave license key today by e-mail; and at the end of the message is an offer for Aura. When I click on the link, I get a "Forbidden" access error.

ToasterClub
04-08-2003, 07:24 PM
an elephant that did not appear in the manual took all links. lol

LSlugger
04-08-2003, 08:19 PM
Interesting. I looked into Aura when the LightWave plugin was announced for 2.5b. NewTek was advertising discounted pricing for LW users until quite recently.

I guess we'll wait and see.

pauland
04-08-2003, 08:34 PM
Yes, Aura has dissappeared off the product list at newtek.com and newtek-europe.com, so it doesn't look like a mistake.

Paul

LSlugger
04-10-2003, 08:25 PM
From CG Talk (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54838): "NewTek no longer sells a stand-alone version of Aura Video Paint. ... Future versions of the stand-alone paint program will be available under the TV Paint brand through TV Paint, Inc."

evar
04-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Uhm... So where is tech support going to come from in the future ? :) - EvaR

SBowie
04-10-2003, 09:06 PM
Well, right here for one place, I suppose :)

pauland
04-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Rather nice of Newtek to keep people informed.

SBowie
04-11-2003, 06:47 AM
The ink is still drying on arrangements involving Aura/TVPaint and LightWave, and all of NewTek's 'communicators' were at NAB for the last week. I don't think it'll be long until appropriate announcements appear.

tonyg
04-11-2003, 07:49 AM
Still, it sort of sucks to pull down the downloads section. And doesn't it seem like a poor time for Newtek to give up on Aura, just when they finally got the Hub to *sort of) work? Das is business, I guess.

SBowie
04-11-2003, 09:37 AM
All the more reason to sell your standalone LW (or keep it) and buy VT[3] :)

tonyg
04-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Good point!

There is a bit of a sticker shock issue though...

archiea
04-13-2003, 12:23 PM
Whats next, Lightwave not appearing at the NT site?

MGuerra
04-13-2003, 02:35 PM
For those of you wondering, the Aura section of our site has not "disappeared", it's only been moved under the VT section. All product information and downloads regarding Aura are still there.

pixelmonk
04-14-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by MGuerra
For those of you wondering, the Aura section of our site has not "disappeared", it's only been moved under the VT section. All product information and downloads regarding Aura are still there.

Meaning it's no longer sold as a stand-alone product. Correct?

Kurt_Henning
04-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Mike Guerra
NewTek Multimedia Manager stated previously:

Hmmmm, not there yet. As a matte of fact, Aura VT is not mentioned in the vt2 of vt3 stuff anymore.

I think I will stick with AE in realtime on my toaster. I like aura, but batch capture in AE makes all the diffrernce for me. When all these terms like workflow are bandied about, I wonder how much account is taking into what a lot of t2ers do on a daily basis.

One wonders

It is weird that Aura DV was hyped up for about 10 minutes (figuratively) and then @[email protected]

I don't get it. If it is orphaned, I guess it deosn't matter. You can still use it today and get support here tomorrow from uysers who know how to use it.

No harm no foul.

SBowie
04-14-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by pixelmonk
Meaning it's no longer sold as a stand-alone product. Correct? It seems very likely there will be future standalone product from the developers, re-incarnated as 'TVPaint.'

SBowie
04-14-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Kurt_Henning

Hmmmm, not there yet. As a matte of fact, Aura VT is not mentioned in the vt2 of vt3 stuff anymore.

Check here (http://www.newtek.com/products/videotoaster/aura/info/index.html) , Kurt.

Kurt_Henning
04-15-2003, 06:34 AM
Hey Steve

I did see that page you led me too.

How did you find it listed?

It is not in a logical location like "paint" or "3D"

It just seems weird. I like aura/TVpaint.

My main complaint is that I cannot edit text objects once they are created (like in AE) and no batch capture. In AE I regularly set up 50-100 comps for projects. In aura I have to painfully wait for the keyframer to perform the same opeerations and thensave each comp individually. And I have to remember to hide all the layers I am on or I wil have to resave a 2nd time after discovering my oversight.

MGuerra
04-15-2003, 10:11 AM
Hey guys,

On the menu at the top of the NewTek site, go to Products > Video Toaster, then click on the "sub link" for Aura Video Paint. This will take you to the complete Aura section.

beverins
04-15-2003, 10:33 AM
I want to buy Aura 2.5b without the Toaster.

Is this possible or not?

Will there be an Aura 3 available without the Toaster available for purchase (should such a product be created)?

Simple.

I hear lots of "oooh we still have it on our site", but nothing about revisions or somesuch, and no refutation that TV Paint.Inc has reclaimed its IP for TVPaint / Aura.

SBowie
04-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by beverins
I want to buy Aura 2.5b without the Toaster.

Is this possible or not? You might still find a NewTek dealer with stock, or maybe Safe Harbor. I just gave my last standalone copy away at Toast03.

Originally posted by beverins

I hear lots of "oooh we still have it on our site", but nothing about revisions or somesuch, and no refutation that TV Paint.Inc has reclaimed its IP for TVPaint / Aura. I don't think anyone is trying to 'refute' the fact that the original developers have resumed responsibility for the standalone version, while NewTek continues to license it for embedded use in the T[2] and T[3].

It seems likely there will be a standalone version 3 in the fullness of time, but in all likelihood it will be called TVPaint, not Aura; and details will be found on the appropriate website. I'm guessing that this will be www.tvpaint.fr and/or www.tvpaint.com, both of which appear a little sparse at the moment.

Aegis
04-18-2003, 03:52 AM
I think it's a good thing for users that NewTek's letting go of Aura - TVPaint was a fantastic package on the Amiga but Aura's development doesn't seem to have been a priority for NewTek.

Aura 1.0/DV was a straight port of the Amiga TVPaint with the addition of the animation timeline and filters - I even saw the PC version when it was still called TVPaint. Aura 2.0 was a solid update but even so development has been slow - LightWave has been updated from 5.6 to 7.5 since Aura 1.0 was released (and we've had 3 revisions of the PC Video Toaster).

Here's hoping the TVPaint/Aura developers come up with something really special! (and that there's an upgrade path ;-)

pauland
04-18-2003, 04:45 AM
I think it's a good thing for users that NewTek's letting go of Aura - TVPaint was a fantastic package on the Amiga but Aura's development doesn't seem to have been a priority for NewTek.

My understanding (and I may be wrong) is that the original developers continued the Aura development for Newtek, having entered into a distribution/development deal which seems to have ended (at least for Aura standalone). I guess we can keep on speculating until Newtek and the developers decide to let the customers know what is going on.

Faraz
04-18-2003, 07:48 AM
We standalone copies of Aura 2.5b, standalone for $295.00
If intrested please e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks-
Faraz Ahmed

Videolink
04-25-2003, 06:16 PM
we have 1 copy left in stock
free shipping and includes training tape
Bruce