PDA

View Full Version : Clearing all vertex maps at once?

Ge4-ce
11-03-2004, 02:40 AM
Ok This is what I'v done.

I thought to be smart and copied the entire skeletons (wich were allready named and I hate to name them again) in another character. I thought I could just start to vertexpaint the new model. But I was wrong.

LW copied the vertexmaps of the old model onto the new one. Now I can go and delete every vertexmap from out of modeler. But this is a hell of a job because I cannot find the button "DELETE ALL VERTEX maps" I don't feel like deleting them 1 by 1. (a lot of bones you see)

is there a way that I can do this? Or is it better to just start from 0 with reinserting the bones etc.

Thanx for any advise!

Bona
11-03-2004, 08:28 AM
I use this :

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/vmap.htm#DeleteMap

B O N A

Ge4-ce
11-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Thanx! That did the trick! At least I Thought it did!

My Weightmaps are gone! That's a good thing, but I encountered the following problem:

-I have NO weights or Maps at all on my model

-I go into Vertex Paint, to paint the weights.

-But I do NOT calculate the weights automatically.

-Instead, I start painting right away.

-I save, and close vertex paint

- There is not a single weight in my model!!! If I open vertexpaint again, I have to start over again!

Should I CALCULATE automatically in order to save the weights afterwards?

I'm going nuts around here.

Bona
11-03-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure this is the right way but it's what I'm doing :

- Calculate with ^128 and let VP create all the weight maps by skelegon names.
- Save to modeler ( I always do this manually before quitting VP )
- Start to paint ONLY the weights I need.
- Delete the unwanted with DeleteMap afterward such as shoulder joint parts in my case.

I could still see the weight names in VP but in modeler they're gone, this may due to no values on those maps.

Note: Do not use Calculate again which will reset what you've painted.

I also found that adding or removing points manually on your model will corrupt the maps in VP sometimes. Using the Edges tools to do the job seems fine, though.

Hope it helps : )