PDA

View Full Version : VT3 and Windows XP

eBrito
11-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Hi all;

My machine was working great with Win 2K but i had to format it and install Win XP (to work with premiere pro), now, when i'm doing live productions the computer freeze for some seconds and then, it reboots.

Does anyone know ehat can i do to fix it? Cause i can't work live now.

But while i'm not using VT 3, it's working well all day.

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Jim Capillo
11-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Do you have DirectX 9.0 (b) or (c) installed? What are you running for your graphics card software?

eBrito
11-02-2004, 09:45 PM
DirectX 9.0(c)
Graphic Card: GeForceFX 5200 Driver 6.14.10

Do you think it could be my graphics card?

SBowie
11-03-2004, 07:43 AM
DirectX 9.0(c)
Graphic Card: GeForceFX 5200 Driver 6.14.10

Do you think it could be my graphics card?
After installing the new OS, and grahics card driver, did you double-check to make sure the nvidia Desktop Mgr. was disabled?

JReble
11-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Check that other stuff mentioned, but I'm afraid I have to share my unpleasant experience with Premiere Pro. I've installed it and it seems to be working fine on one of my systems, but I installed PP 1.5 on my ASUS P4S333 system (without a VT system in it) and it caused all kinds of screw ups and errors that indicated a fault with different video related DLLs. The errors would indicate a problem with only one system file at a time, but it would show errors with different ones at different times. Most times these were lockups that eventually went to a blue screen.

I'll save you the pain of reading all the steps I went through, (and my pain typing them) but I eliminated everything but the Premiere Pro installation. I eventually removed everything but the basics from the system. (hard drives, video card, network card), I used three different AGP Geforce cards all with different chipsets. (Quatro 500, FX5200, FX4200) These all worked rock solid and stable in the system prior to Premiere Pro install. After PP 1.5 was put on the system in any configuration, the lockups would appear pretty regularly using Premiere, or any graphics related application and games. The problems the PP 1.5 install created affected the entire windows environment and weren't limited to PP. However, the capture screen in PP could always be counted on to bring on a lock up. Direct X 9c was on the system and the dxdiag showed everything was fine throughout every config. The only factor was Premiere Pro. I've since removed it from this system and will not put it on again. I've had zero problems since.

All I can say is thank God for system restore. I'd hope for an update from Adobe, but I wouldn't begin to know what the exact problem is and I don't see anything similar on their support forums. It is the first and only version out there so far though with no updates available yet. I'm just very confident that the problem had nothing to do with my other gear, but rather, Premiere Pro was altering something in software to make a formerly good config screw up where it didn't before.

In your case, it could be many things since you just updated the OS, but if I were you I'd do a system restore to a point prior to the Premiere Pro install and see if you can get your VT system working properly again. Whatever the case, be sure to get your VT system installed and working properly before you add Premiere or any other apps. Then let us know how it goes.

eBrito
11-03-2004, 11:28 AM
After installing the new OS, and grahics card driver, did you double-check to make sure the nvidia Desktop Mgr. was disabled?

Yes, it disabled.

Hey JReble, about Premiere Pro, if i don't open the VT3, the machine works great and i can use Premiere Pro all day with no worries but, if really need to take it out, i'll cause i can't stop my weekends live webcasting.

Jim Davis
11-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Make sure you have installed the Intel Chiset drivers .

eBrito
11-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Make sure you have installed the Intel Chiset drivers .

I did it, also re-installed the VT3 Service Pack.
It worked well for one week now it's started again doing the same thing

(The computer restart during a live production)

Paul Lara
11-15-2004, 06:34 AM
This is may not be software, but hardware related.
Previous experiences would have me check for a bad stick of RAM. :(

eBrito
12-13-2004, 10:40 AM
(sry guys, i din't give you any feedback cause i was out of town)

Well, i reinstalled VT3 and upgrades, turned off Norton Internet Security and XP Live Updates and it worked fine for some weeks, (the guys was working here told me it was fine).

But yesterday, when i came back, in my first day in a big live event... same thing:
The computer just resset,

We had to stop the live production and lost the lost the AVI file we was capturing to duplicate tapes and authoring DVD's.