PDA

View Full Version : Does LW support 5 button mouse

mabaza
11-02-2004, 11:48 AM
If I bought a 5 button mouse, would I be able to bind functions/tools to those extra 2 buttons in LW 8?

Thanks kids! :D

JCG
11-02-2004, 02:28 PM
I just received an eight button mouse last week

...just a second...
:D :D :D
... sorry there, but that's just how happy I am!!!

Yes I can map pretty much anything to the extra buttons!

It is one of the best hardware upgrades I've ever gotten!

Maybe for someone less clumsy than me, it would not matter too much, but when I tried to rotate the perspective viewport, 4 or 5 out of every 10 times, I'd press the windows key instead of Alt and pop open the start menu and deselect a bunch of polygons ARRRGH! so infuriating!

Just knowing that I won't have to press the ctrl, alt or shift keys ever again is such a wonderful experience I could almost cry :) and that still leaves me two buttons that I'm not sure what I'll leave them at. Right now I have them at drag and deselect but I've thought of making them point/poly mode or mouse/selection action center, or maybe undo and redo... I've tested them all and they all work. Whichever way, it's a great time-saver.

The only problem I could see is that I use the mouseware that came with the mouse to configure the keys. Not sure if all mouse drivers are as versatile... but with this one, you just bind the command to a key in lightwave and assign that keystroke to the mouse button in the mouseware panel.