PDA

View Full Version : Growing Vines (and grey hair!)

treefitty
11-02-2004, 03:27 AM
<<<<Has anyone had any issues with the Larry Schutz growing vines tutorial? I had it working great and then the gradient that makes the point stops and it ends looking like a long green twisty (round end)! Also does anyone have a tutorial on growing vines with leaves? Please!!!! Thanks>>>>

SplineGod
11-03-2004, 12:31 AM
What kind of issue are you having with the tutorial? Make sure you set the animation to end while the vine is still thick on one end and thin on the other end. You can also opt for a vine that has a stem that is a consistant thickness. You can also use distance to object as the input parameter. :)

treefitty
11-03-2004, 02:35 AM
Hi, the vine seems to want to grow even after the stop point which turns the end round instead of the really nice sharp point it starts out with. Let me talk you through the scene I need it for, it is for a part of the creation of earth and fields of vines (with leaves) grow fom the ground as the camera flies over it. What would be great is if I could make it a single object so I can instance the **** out of it! Do think this is possible?

SplineGod
11-03-2004, 08:33 AM
I would probably use another approach to do the vines growing so that you get the leaves and flowers blooming. TThe HV vines would be good for shots where you see the vines initially gorwing. You probably wouldnt want to try making leaves using HVs. :)

treefitty
11-03-2004, 03:45 PM
I agree, I have set up a render last night which I will try and post today! Thanks for your help!