PDA

View Full Version : texturing the backdrop

lwnewbie
10-31-2004, 07:25 PM
Hello All,

Is there any way to texture the grid in layout, or even better, the gradient backdrop ground color. I've seen scene where someone had the entire ground, all the way to the horizon, textured in pavement. How can that be done. Any reply would be helpful. thanx.

SplineGod
10-31-2004, 08:47 PM
You can texture the environment using the texture environment plugin in the backdrop panel.
You can use a polygon as an image plane.
If your ground plane object is big enough it can be blended into the background using the fog controls.

lwnewbie
11-01-2004, 07:14 AM
Thanx for reply. I just tried that and it works the way it should, however, I just want to cover the ground of a scene, such as grass or pavement. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanx :confused:

Silkrooster
11-02-2004, 12:44 AM
Perhaps you could post a render of what your trying to do and maybe we can think of another idea. For example does your ground need to show shadows? This alone will help quite a bit on how to do, what you want it to do. In general though I beleive Larry has the best solution for you. As lightwave does not really have a ground plane for you to texture. The solutions Larry is telling you about are ways to go around that.
Silk

SplineGod
11-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Exactly! You pretty much have to use some kind of ground object to place textures on. :)