PDA

View Full Version : CG dissapears

chrissie252
10-31-2004, 11:06 AM
hello all,
i have a serious problem concerning CG on VT3, last patch on WinXP.

after finishing a huge Typo-project, i tried to create a white template with a 50%opacity to lay all the textes on it. (now i think CG can't do transparency...)

what i did is: i took the little black and white "thing"(in photoshop its a sign for opacitiy) which can be found in window where i define the colour of text and drawings and took it with the mouse on the CG workspace. I thought it could be a way to get transparency on it.
what happened was that CG freezed and than dissapears.
when i now whant to open CG it just appears in the upper field (lightgray) where every tool appears that is open in VT3.
i allready reinstalled the 4909 patch - no effect.

could someone pleeaaase help?
maybe there is something to do in the registry?????
cheers,
chris

Ivan
10-31-2004, 12:51 PM
Are you saying that your CG program dissapeared? You should be able to get it back by dropping a color swatch onto it. If you are having issues with the background, why are you doing this in CG instead of VTEdit which is much better at it?

Ivan

chrissie252
10-31-2004, 01:24 PM
hi ivan,
thank you very much,
yes, CG dissapeared. the only thing that is left is this:(see the attachement)
it is the light grey button on the top bar. when i doubleclick a *.cg project, nothing happenes.
btw, what is a colour swatch?
thank you very much!
cheers chris

chrissie252
10-31-2004, 01:28 PM
ivan, you are the maaaaaan!!
thank you very much!!!
i solved the problem by dragin a colour from the background genarator onto the light grey button on the top bar.
a colour swatch?............;-)
cheerio!!!
chris

Paul Lara
11-01-2004, 06:26 AM
Chrissy,
CG, or any other module, can be minimized and made to disappear until you need it again, the way you toggle your modules is to click the module's tag that you show in the picture.

Try it. load up any module, now click that tag once...it minimizes (hides).
Click it again...it reappears. It was your mouse action, not the color swatch, that restored CG.

chrissie252
11-01-2004, 07:01 AM
paul,
yes i knew about that. but my cg really was gone. kind of invisible...
when i clicked the tag nothing happened.
it wasnt my mouse action.
cheers
chrissi

Ivan
11-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Though I'd like to take credit, I want to agree with Paul. The problem is that when my CG is minimized the CG tab at the top is Black or Dark Grey not Light Grey. I'm not sure what was going on with your system but I'm glad it's fixed now.

Ivan