PDA

View Full Version : UV Edit Pro

Caveboy
10-30-2004, 06:23 PM
I was hoping to buy this today; downloaded it and need only a reg id to use it and I expected to pay for it and get my code for my license, but instead, I was linked to purchase it. (I'm it's assuming the CD) which I don't need since I already have the small file in the download.
The link asks for a shipping address and sales tax. Can we order this as a download and have the code e-mailed?

To add to the confusion, I found a thread that stated it was a freebie if you pre-paid for LW8. Bummer.

Also, I hoped to pay for some of it with my Newtek bucks. I still have not received the $50 newtek bucks since I purchased the book "1001 Tips and Tricks" from woordware as a promo gift. This has been quite a while now.

Anyone purchase UV Edit Pro recently? I need it for a test for employment in the games industry.

Thanks!

Dan

riki
10-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Search the boards for previous threads on this subject. I've seens some negative reviews of UVEdit Pro.

Contact Wes about your missing promo freebies (the promised Respower hours and the Tim Bucks). I've got a funny feeling we're never going to get them. But I think it's really poor form on Wordwares part that they haven't contacted us about this, to let us know what's going on.

Caveboy
10-30-2004, 08:39 PM
I actually did send Wes a message and he did reply:

"Still coming…. From NewTek :)* They will have them out as soon as possible…"

So I guess the ball is in Newtek's court. That reply was dated July 30th. It's been 3 months.

I think I am going to contact customer service now.

:confused:

Dan

riki
10-30-2004, 08:51 PM
I contacted Wes about 3 months ago, he wrote back on the 30th of July, saying that he'd sent a list of names to Respower and Newtek. I've heard nothing since then.

riki
10-30-2004, 09:03 PM
I just sent an email to Richard Ladd at Respower, hopefully he'll be able to shed some light.

bonojerry
02-16-2005, 06:09 PM
This seemed like the place to post this....played with the demo of uv edit pro....loved it....makes more sense than the "work in progress" uv editing new features of LW8.2....so, I ordered it...WTF? I already have it downloaded, but I can't actually use it until I get a physical shipment days and days from now....

Can anyone lend me a serial number until mine arrives? I have an order number if you want to check that I bought it.

b

ACLOBO
02-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Have a little patience for your legit copy. And NEVER NEVER ask anyone for a serial number. It is really bad form and really a silly request. Nobody in their right mind is going to give out a serial number. At least, nobody who actually buys their stuff. So, if you bought it, wait a couple of days and play with your purchased LEGIT copy.

-Adrian