PDA

View Full Version : Adding bones to a rig

marcopolio
10-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Is there a good method to add bones to a rig after you have converted the skelgons to bones in layout? I need to add a few more bones, but I dont want to mess up all of my schematic view work, and have to set up everything again.

-A

jasonwestmas
10-28-2004, 08:53 PM
You'd probably get more responses in the General forum not the mac forum.

Draw more skelegons in modeler and then send them over to layout and then convert them to bones. Turn Parent in Place on. In Schematic view, highlight one of the the bones and Ctrl click the bone to be the parent of the highlighted bone. Your current hierarchy should not be affected as far as I know. I'm not sure exactly what you want to change.

donski
11-04-2004, 05:44 PM
In Layout, I would pick the bone that I wanted to build from and in Setup/Add/Draw Child Bones: draw a new bone and then
Setup/Detail/Bone Split: I would split it into the number of new bones needed.

You'll have to adjust names and weight map assignments if you're using such things.

Warning: I'm here to fix my own rigging woes so know that I can't say this is the perfect way but I see know reason why it won't work as that is what I am currently doing.

SplineGod
11-04-2004, 11:38 PM
You can split and fuse bones.
You can add a bone off an existing bone by hitting the = key then simply reparent whatever bone you want to the new one.
You can also use the unparent command and then bone connect.
KURV has a very useful video that covers the new bone tools in detail :)