PDA

View Full Version : VT4 - No Video Signal Present. Potential Driver Lockup.

bobby
10-28-2004, 07:50 AM
Any i dea what causes this? I have a new machine, just got the new VT4 card and the SX-84. It seems the toaster will work for 20 or 30 minutes, then bam, I get this error on the VT-Vision screens and have to reboot. I haven't tried putting the card in a new slot, but I'm about to (and will be praying). I just can't imagine what is causing this.

I'm starting to feel sorry that I upgraded. VT3 was rock solid, but I'm having all sorts of troubles on my new machine. What do they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it?

Paul Lara
10-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Several things, including a failing VT card, could be the cause.
I have seen this when contact between the card and the PCI slot is compromised for some reason. You may want to pull the VT[3] card and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser and see if that helps, bobby.

If that doesn't help, call NewTek tech support for assistance.

bobby
10-28-2004, 09:01 AM
I'll try that, thanks. Didn't realize there was a thread with the same problems a few down before mine, so I'm trying those solutions as well.

Randall Chesbro
11-06-2004, 05:29 PM
I had started a thread on this earlyer this week in the general section.
I was haveing my machine give me driver lock up errors. and for me i tryed to reinstall VT4 and thr runtime thinggy. but that did nothing. so i was told to pull my fierwire card if it was texas insruments compatible and it was so i did and it worked.
I ll say so far just incase......

bobby
11-07-2004, 07:44 PM
I meant to do a follow up with this. When I was having driver lock-ups, the VT card was in a PCI-X slot on a Dell mobo. with the Intel 7525 chipset. Moving the VT card to the only PCI slot seems to have resolved the problem. I've recorded for a solid 4 hours after this with no hiccups at all.

Why this made a difference, I'm not sure. Even in the VT4 preferences you can choose to have the card in a PCI-X slot and choose your throughput, but this didn't help. Putting it in a regular PCI card slot seemed to do the trick (knock on wood).

Original1
11-08-2004, 03:06 PM
my VT[3] card is happy in a slot which has its own IRQ.
Depending on the motherboard, it may clash with USB IDE or Firewire card.
It really depends on the board many of the slots share a IRQ with onboard resources and it depends how the bios trys to shuffle them about.

lvsoule
11-26-2004, 09:04 PM
My computer has always done this it seems to happen more when its been running for a while- I'm so used to computers locking up I don't even care anymore- even my macs occasional lock up. I wonder if newtek came out with the entire system? Video Cards, Ram the whole works.....

Randall Chesbro
11-26-2004, 09:32 PM
my vt3 didit after i had it upgradded . A NEW Board worked.
on my vt4 it ended up being the fierwire card. cant use texas insruments cards.
changed it and its working fine.

Rich Deustachio
11-27-2004, 01:21 AM
I had this happen just today. I was playing a DV clip out to tape and it started to stutter and then it came up with the No Video driver error thing. I rebooted 4 times and got the same error. I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of VT4 and it seems to have solved the problem so far.

Dan Barnett
11-27-2004, 08:29 PM
This seems to be showing up a lot of places for many people.

I have already been working with this issue since setting up VT3. I was gone for about 7 weeks just after setting up VT3 on a new system. When I finally returned and started to work, whoa!...
Any how I followed these threads (which I really appreciate...thanks everyone)written by everyones experience and after exhausting every possible solution I had to call Tech support. I was soon sending my card in for an RMA. They looked at the card the day before Thanksgiving and had another one on its way that day. I received this card the day after Thanksgiving. :D great service!!!

Sorry to say that I am still without proper operation of the card.
I do not get the message of "No Video Signal (possible driver lock up)" my video signals just do not show up. I can tell they want to be there but they lock out.

Everything that is on the computer does fine in editor, DDR, etc. Great signal out. Just no stabe signal out. :confused:

For everyones benefit this is my system setup

MB - SuperMicro P4SCT:
800 FSB, HT, 3-PCIx(66mhz, 64 bit), 2-pci(33mhz, 32 bit),
1 agp pro slot. No onboard sound, onboard video disabled each has its own path to the cpu, latest updates for onboard chips.

CPU - P4 2.8E (1mb cache and Hyper Threaded)

RAM - 2-Kennsington 512mb DDR400

Graphics - Nvidia FX-5200 128mb agp (using only one monitor at this time)

Escalade 9500 4SLP SATA with 4 Hitachi 80gb 7200rpm 8mb

SATA system drive 80 MB

Clean install of XP Pro SP1 some of the updates, DX 9.0c, WMP 9series, WME, and graphics drives are one series back with management disabled

No Firewire card or onboard firewire.

I will be calling Tech support again Monday. Unless someone out there has any bright ideas.

Thanks for your time

boon_eugene
12-16-2005, 03:01 AM
I meant to do a follow up with this. When I was having driver lock-ups, the VT card was in a PCI-X slot on a Dell mobo. with the Intel 7525 chipset. Moving the VT card to the only PCI slot seems to have resolved the problem. I've recorded for a solid 4 hours after this with no hiccups at all.

Why this made a difference, I'm not sure. Even in the VT4 preferences you can choose to have the card in a PCI-X slot and choose your throughput, but this didn't help. Putting it in a regular PCI card slot seemed to do the trick (knock on wood).

Yes, i would wonder that as well, even in their thick manual mentioned to always have the card in PCI slot.

but one question, by changing the preference to PCI-X while i plugged in PCI won't do any harm i believe.

and why would not it do well in PCI-X since it had a better transfer rate then PCI.

boon_eugene
12-16-2005, 03:02 AM
I had started a thread on this earlyer this week in the general section.
I was haveing my machine give me driver lock up errors. and for me i tryed to reinstall VT4 and thr runtime thinggy. but that did nothing. so i was told to pull my fierwire card if it was texas insruments compatible and it was so i did and it worked.
I ll say so far just incase......

You're just too lucky, i tried it on a machine with no any PCI card, but i still getting that error message. Sadly