PDA

View Full Version : Cloth FX

Wotan3d
10-28-2004, 03:30 AM
Hi,
I'm new here,
so, maybe you talk about this in past but I don't find...

I have a problem with cloth fx.
I want put a dress on my model. In past I use MD and was ok.
Now I want use clothfx with LW8, but.... it doesn't work!
My dress doesn't detect correctly the collision with the model body, the dress detect something but after 5 or 6 frames the dress go inside the body.
To understand better this fx I load the scene I find in content... for example the Zombie_shirt.lws. I look the settings.
To test it I clear the motion and I try to calculate new motion, without change....... and.... DOESN'T WORK!!! The t-shirt detect some collision but go inside the body. But.... I change nothing!!! it is the default NewTek scene!!! How they can do it? The default motion is right, when I calculate it don't work...

I remember, in old MD there was the "calculate resolution", maybe I need tune this? where I can find?
I read the manual, but nothing! I find nothing about it.

Someone can help me?

Thank you for answer...
and sorry for my english

Bye

Wotan

Silkrooster
10-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Try increasing the radius/level value. Also click on the calculate button. There are two ways to find the calculate button. First is to select the object properties, select dynamics tab. At the top right of this window is the button. The other way is to use the FX browser. In ver 8 select utilities>plugins>additions>fx browser.
Silk